Just finished tweaking "The Beginning" for the release of our new CD, and just wanted to get some final opinions on guitar/bass tone.

www.tetrafusion.net

It should be the first song that plays.

MySpace quality can be embarassing, so if its an issue you can listen at www.betarecords.com/tetrafusion (strongly recommend to listen here, 320kbps versions on this website)

Thanks!
Last edited by Mista_Marko at Oct 11, 2008,
I don't like your guitar tone. I find it too fizzy.

This is considered advertising I'm pretty sure.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
That sounds pretty sweet.
The tones all sound good it could be a bit edgier.
But its your band do what you like!
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I don't like your guitar tone. I find it too fizzy.

This is considered advertising I'm pretty sure.

Nope, not advertising. I really am looking for opinions about the guitar/bass tone.
I think you should probably layer another guitar with a pretty scooped sound and everything will sound better. Probably also a real quiet acoustic underneath to fatten it up
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I like the bass tone a lot, what kind of gear did you put it through and what kind of bass is it?

The guitar tone I'm not sure about though, while there's nothing wrong with it that I can really think of it's not that good either, mainly during the single note lines.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I like the bass tone a lot, what kind of gear did you put it through and what kind of bass is it?

The guitar tone I'm not sure about though, while there's nothing wrong with it that I can really think of it's not that good either, mainly during the single note lines.

I recorded into an MBOX, or DI (direct input). We did a LOT of tone tweaking on there and quite a bit inside ProTools as well.

Live I use an Ampeg BA-115 (for bigger shows I just line-out into the house PA), and I play a Peavey Cirrus 5 BXP.
The single notes were sort of out of place in my opinion, didn't really go with the fuzzy tone you use.

Overall though i am diggin the song. I will listen to the others and post back.
Sounds ok, but fizzy.

I find it funny that 75% of the song names on that page are what i've studied in my science class over the past few weeks.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I like the song dude, i like it cause i can just play it and chill while i'm surfing mah internetz lol.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by LP51122
Sounds ok, but fizzy.

I find it funny that 75% of the song names on that page are what i've studied in my science class over the past few weeks.

Funny you mention that...our CD is a physics concept album. We spent over two years looking for a singer and couldn't find one, so we made an instrumental concept album based on cosmology and physics. It has a whole theme and its really indepth but I'd sit here awhile explaining it but I just though I'd tell you that, haha.

Keep the feedback coming, I'm really getting an idea of how to tweak it later on. I appreciate it guys.
i reckon you need more bass but dont do it if it makes your sound loose. (usually when you mix amp od with an od pedal and turn the bass up)

btw good song
Last edited by no_thing101 at Oct 12, 2008,
wow, that's just a cool song. just hte layering and keyboard/synth. that's sick! and its like metal with a spacey feel to it, it's awesome! and thers so many different parts, the drums are great, the song keeps changing too.
I like the bass tone. The guitar tone however, it sounds kind of weak and fizzy. Also, it sounds undergained for prog metal IMO. Great songs though.

EDIT: What amp are you using?
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
Quote by the Sinner
I like the bass tone. The guitar tone however, it sounds kind of weak and fizzy. Also, it sounds undergained for prog metal IMO. Great songs though.

EDIT: What amp are you using?

For the recording I just went through an MBOX directly. Did some tone shaping inside ProTools, just a tad though.