Hey people, I've made a previous post with regards to what would be good for the tone I'm looking for (SRV/Hendrix) and with some advice I've been advised to look into these two pieces of kit

Guitar- Fender Roadhouse

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=6070

Uses the same pickups/woods/bridge as the SRV model yet is half the price. I can get it for £400

Amp- Fender Blues Deluxe

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-blues-deluxe/67799

If you have any suggestions as to any improvements, it would be much appreciated. I'm most probably going to use an OCD Fulltone Overdrive to add on some gain when necessary.

Thanks!

Comes to a total of £779

Edit- Just watched this clip on youtube and the peavey classic sounds excellent too

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eYElbej-5Jc&feature=related
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Oct 11, 2008,
The rig sounds great.

If you play Hendrix more, I think the Peavey would be better. The Blues Deluxe would be better for SRV.

Just play both and see which one you like more.
Damn my local guitar shop doesn't stock either amp. I've read a lot about the Cleans on the fender being amazing but the overdrive being some what poor. Whereas the peavey has average cleans but amazing overdrive

Couldnt i just use a tubescreamer(Fulltone OCD)to get my desired overdrive sound from the Fender blues deluxe?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Damn my local guitar shop doesn't stock either amp. I've read a lot about the Cleans on the fender being amazing but the overdrive being some what poor. Whereas the peavey has average cleans but amazing overdrive

Couldnt i just use a tubescreamer(Fulltone OCD)to get my desired overdrive sound from the Fender blues deluxe?

Yeah, I'd actually suggest some kind of OD with the Blues Deluxe. I simply suggested a Peavey Classic because Hendrix used Marshalls and the Peavey is British-voiced.
Quote by sharpant

Yes. You could. But the Peavey cleans aren't bad either, regardless. I had a delta blues, which is basically the same as a C30 only it has tremolo which would be a better option for you than the Classic 30. Plus the delta blues has either a 15" speaker or 2 10" speakers, which is better than the 12" only classic 30. (But heavier to lug around). The blues deluxe with a tubescreamer is a great option too.
You really won't go wrong either way.
Like asked, what is more important, Hendrix or SRV?
I'd strongly recommend a Peavey Classic 30. I have a fender hot rod deluxe and a TS9 and i don't like the tone i'm getting now. IMO the OD on the blues deluxe and hot rod deluxe amps sucks, and even with the TS9 i still don't like the way it sounds.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Your going to make me choose between those two? Evil!! i think i prefer SRV's tone but Jimi's music :P
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
LP5112 have you tried a peavey classic 30?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
LP5112 have you tried a peavey classic 30?

I have briefly, and the OD on it is much more usable. I bought the HRD because i liked the cleans alot. the peavey is close but not quite a fender. anyway, i though that i'd be able to get a nice OD tone with a pedal, and i've gotten one that i really liked but i forgot the settings. you can check it out on profile (things i used to do, i solo at 1:46 ish).

so summed up, the HRD has great cleans, very "lenny" or "wind cries mary" or "little wing" like. the OD is very sub par though. maybe it would sound better with your OCD but i don't know.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

So if you were in my situation and looking for an amp in this price range looking for the tones I've referred to, what would you go with :P ? Please take into account I'm looking at a Blues deluxe not a HR. I'm looking to get no dirtier than Hendrix, i have my PGM301 and my Laney GH100L for that...
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Oct 11, 2008,
Well i'm not going to say exactly what you should get, but i've heard that a Fuzz face goes well with blues deluxe. You could probably get a nice hendrixy tone that way and have the cleans, so i'd go with that.

play all of them, though, and pick what YOU like. UG'ers like myself are just here to give you ideas.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

AC30's are nice.

Big conicidence, sorry for contradicting myself but i just found a setting i really like on my HRD with the TS9. i turned up to 6 and the sweet tone was there.

if you do get to try out the amps, try them out loud, btw. you'll get a good idea of their abilities if you do.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2