Page 1 of 2
My 16th birthday is in a few weeks. I'm not too excited, its a birthday nothing too special, but my mom wants to make a huge deal out of it and throw some huge party for me. Usually I'd have no problem with this but I'd prefer she spend the money on something I actually want, like that Marshall half-stack I've been hoping for.

It seems like shes doing this more for her enjoyment than mine since I've told her lots of times I really don't want a party. She's said "your my only child so I only have one shot at this" which makes me think she doesn't even care about what I want.

How do I get her to buy me a half stack instead of throwing a party that will consist of people from my year at school that I hate?

If I do actually have the party I plan on showing in no shirt, Robert Plant pants with no boxers on followed and performing a ripping solo after which I shall say "Thanks for costing me my amp you ****tards, I hate most of you." and I'll depart in all my glory.

I come to the pit for your knowledge and wisdom.

tl;dr: My 16th, mom wants party, I want amp, what do I do?
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Everyone's bloody 16 now eh? My brother turns 16 in about a week and a half, or is it 2 weeks today, I do not know.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Rape them all.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by cretinisticDuck
kill your mother.

Why I love the pit.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
steal the money and the amps and then buy some amps with the money, that way you'll get what you want times two.
Quote by Slone
If I do actually have the party I plan on showing in no shirt, Robert Plant pants with no boxers on followed and performing a ripping solo after which I shall say "Thanks for costing me my amp you ****tards, I hate most of you." and I'll depart in all my glory.

Seriously, have the party.
Obviously she doesnt want you to have a 100 watt half stack that can play up to 180 Db, i can sorta understand her.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

let her throw you a part...get as many people to come..they should all give you 20 dollars mandatory...buy the amp with the money...invite atleast 100 people...

but seriously...tell your mom you want the amp..and its her choice to satisfy herself and make you miserable..or make you happy therefor making herself happy..
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
let her throw the party and have a little fun... it's not so bad. the marshall will come soon enough
Just tell her, maybe you can have a little party. You, her and some friends/family.

And I turn 18 in 3 or so months, and I'm dreading it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
like ur entrance idea,tho ur mom will be pissed,keep on wining,it may be she wants your to think that she's not getting the amp,but in the end she does,like my mom,and will end up getting u it,posts pics of it on the computer,put one on the fridge, talk bout how u played it and how awesome it is,u kow, the norm
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
stop being such a selfish prick.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
why not both? my bros mate just had his 17th and they had a HUGE suprise party for him. there is still booze left btw.

just have a good time.
ask for a car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i bet that new marshall stack u want is an mg anyway the silence after u do whatever u said u were going to do to act cool will probaly sound better if it was the mg u were thinking about
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
If you are gonna kill your mom do it this year so you don't get tried as an adult (this is a joke - do not kill your mom).

You probably suck at guitar so your mom would rather throw a party then buy you a Marshall.

Enjoy it. It's all downhill from 16.
Quote by twistedmaggot
stop being such a selfish prick.

He's not. I hate pretty much everyone from my school. It's his birthday. He should get what he wants. I'm the exact opposite of him. On my birthday I try to please everyone else, it's horrible. I don't recomend it.
dude my friend got a shitload of money from his 16th bday party
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
If it is an MG halfstack then get it ...the over drive is fuking CRUSHING. but if its anything like a jcm series or something like that i would rather have the party
Enjoy your party, you miserable friendless bastard.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by nightraven
15 year olds are raving about the MGs >.<

Why wouldn't they? All MGs are equipped with CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!
Quote by wizards?
Ouch, you'd rather make her buy you an amp instead of spend quality time with her? You're a jerk and you don't deserve a new amp or her love.

[/thread]

+1
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by SenorSmiley
If you are gonna kill your mom do it this year so you don't get tried as an adult (this is a joke - do not kill your mom).

You probably suck at guitar so your mom would rather throw a party then buy you a Marshall.

Enjoy it. It's all downhill from 16.

this..is so true
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by InvaderTSN

Quote by InvaderTSN

Actually, apart from the CRUSHING OVERDIVE!!! I quite like my MG, it has a nice clean tone, and the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!! is useful in some circumstances.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by nightraven
threadstarter, you're a prick. you deserve neither.

just what i thought when he mentioned he wanted it. 15 year olds are raving about the MGs >.<

If I don't have the party I'll be able to get a Plexi head and a 1960A cab.

Maybe now you see why I don't want the party. I wouldn't even mind so much if it was just a get together but she's thinking of some kind of massive orgy of people I hate and want nothing to do with outside of school.

Ask yourself, Plexi or ****s from school, which would you want?
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Slone
If I don't have the party I'll be able to get a Plexi head and a 1960A cab.

Maybe now you see why I don't want the party. I wouldn't even mind so much if it was just a get together but she's thinking of some kind of massive orgy of people I hate and want nothing to do with outside of school.

Ask yourself, Plexi or ****s from school, which would you want?

Does she have their numbers? Because it would be hard for her to invite people if she doesn't have their numbers.
Quote by Spamwise
Does she have their numbers? Because it would be hard for her to invite people if she doesn't have their numbers.

She'd probably get her friends daughter to hand out invitations at my school.

Also I don't see why people think I'm selfish, we spend a decent amount of time together already and it my birthday I should get to choose what I do. I was planning on jamming with a few friends along with my new amp, but that idea just got destroyed.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
If she goes with the birthday run away for a couple of days and crash at a friends house. And then when you go back home look at her as if though you were disappointed. She'll feel guilty and buy you the amp.
Quote by huevomax
He's not. I hate pretty much everyone from my school. It's his birthday. He should get what he wants. I'm the exact opposite of him. On my birthday I try to please everyone else, it's horrible. I don't recomend it.

somebody call the waaaaahhhhhmbulance.

he is being a selfish prick, or at least he is to me. he's not paying for any of it, his mum probably just wants to do something special because it's one of those ages that are seen as a milestone, i'm sure he could always oh i don't know, get a job and earn his own money, making this amp he wants even more special.

but god forbid these lazy children from contributing to society it's not wonder no-one on here has any friends.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Quote by huevomax

Did it ever occur to you that if you hate every single last person at your school then maybe the issue is not with them but with you?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by twistedmaggot
somebody call the waaaaahhhhhmbulance.

he is being a selfish prick, or at least he is to me. he's not paying for any of it, his mum probably just wants to do something special because it's one of those ages that are seen as a milestone, i'm sure he could always oh i don't know, get a job and earn his own money, making this amp he wants even more special.

but god forbid these lazy children from contributing to society it's not wonder no-one on here has any friends.

Because working 2 jobs during the Summer isn't enough right?

And obviously wanting her to spend the money on something I'll actually appreciate is horrible of me.

Quote by break-me-in
Did it ever occur to you that if you hate every single last person at your school then maybe the issue is not with them but with you?

He's probably just like me and can't stand the dramatic bullshit that takes place at school, it's just easier to have a few close friends than to be something you hate just to be accepted by people you really don't like anyway.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Last edited by Slone at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by Slone
Also I don't see why people think I'm selfish, we spend a decent amount of time together already and it my birthday I should get to choose what I do. I was planning on jamming with a few friends along with my new amp, but that idea just got destroyed.

you don't see how people think you're being selfish? you've come on an internet forum to winge about how you're not getting things your own way.

Quote by Slone
Because working 2 jobs during the Summer isn't enough right?

then there's no reason you can't buy the amp yourself
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Last edited by twistedmaggot at Oct 11, 2008,
Page 1 of 2