Page 1 of 2
OK, so I'm watching this show on TV about this 13-year-old kid who killed a 4-year-old. It got me thinking, what should society do about children who kill? Personally, I think it's a massive gray area. There's no clear cut answer, IMO.

Here's the killer.
You're right, that IS a big grey area.

I actually have no opinion on this.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I thought this would be about Ian Huntley or Roy Whiting - then this would have been a pretty nasty thread knowing UG......
These are the kind of kids who kill kittens and abuse other small children - they get worse and worse until prolific serial killings.......wiki those!
It is clear cut.
Death is the only way out - either for him or more of his future victims

EDIT: yeah nice topic you ass with an avatar title like that
it depends on how the child kills someone...

someways may be accidental or something

but other ways.....

they deserve to spend 30 years in prison/juvie

depending on how they kill someone
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
I say if they can play with lives like adults they should be tried as adults.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
MASSIVE grey area. I really don't know
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Reminds me of that Punisher line in the comic Welcome Home, Frank.

"If you pull the trigger, you're a killer. If you don't, you've got a death on your conscience, a death you could have prevented..."

Seems fitting for picking a method of justice with these child killers, I guess.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
How they kill doesnt matter whether it is a gunshot to the head or accidentally giving your little brother paint thinner, killing is killing and a 14 year old knows the difference between right and wrong. They should be tried as an adult plain and simple.

Accidental murder is still murder, if an adult accidentally killed someone we wouldnt be lenient, so why should we be lenient to a young person??

Sorry you kill someone you pay the price.
Quote by BlackandSilver
I say if they can play with lives like adults they should be tried as adults.

was thinking this exact thing as i was scrolling down the page to your post
15 hours of community service at Gary Glitters house.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page

am I the only one who noticed TS's user title?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
intensive psychological analysis

tahts what they need
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Survival of the fittest...I'm going to hell...

Battle Royale?

That book's crazy...and good too.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Violent videogames and aggressive rock music are to blame.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by black-sabbath

Nope.
Quote by Pageles
How they kill doesnt matter, killing is killing and a 14 year old knows the difference between right and wrong. They should be tried as an adult plain and simple.

Accidental murder is still murder, if an adult accidentally killed someone we wouldnt be lenient, so why should we be lenient to a young person??

oh well i mean how i put it was wrong..

but ive heard of 2 ten year olds playing/wrestling and one friend through the other friend and he fell wrong and broke his neck and died...

but in most cases they should be tried as adults...and sentenced to 30 years or death
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Quote by amazing FretMan
it depends on how the child kills someone...

someways may be accidental or something

but other ways.....

they deserve to spend 30 years in prison/juvie

depending on how they kill someone

i dont agree with putting criminals in jail for 30 years and spending our tax dollars to feed and put clothes on their back for the rest of their life. Lethal injection is cheaper and it rids the streets of murderers.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

^ you should watch the film.

on topic, someone said that they should be tried as adults. i agree, if they killed with the intent to kill or cause harm to other life.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by SenorSmiley
it's only a grey area to liberals.

you put the child killer in jail with OJ Simpson.

I love how in damn near every one of your posts you complain about "liberals". Turn off the Rush Limbaugh and think for yourself, for Christ's sake.
Quote by Mad Marius
Violent videogames and aggressive rock music are to blame.

It's all Chuck Berry's fault. Playing his damn rock and roll and such.
Quote by slash4114
i dont agree with putting criminals in jail for 30 years and spending our tax dollars to feed and put clothes on their back for the rest of their life. Lethal injection is cheaper and it rids the streets of murderers.

Killing people is wrong.

About adults:
I think it does matter a lot if it's been done intentionally or not. After all, murder is defined as a planned act. If it is indeed murder, jailtime and possibly a therapy are the obvious choices. Unintentional killing has to be punished hard as well, though not as hard as murder, because negligence is nothing compared to criminal intent. Again, jailtime seems like a good idea to me.

About minors:
And a 13 year old can not be punished as hard as an adult and whoever suggested that is a fucking idiot. Why not? Because he's not an adult, he's a kid. As intelligent and grown up a 13 year old may seem, he's still not fully brought up and will need the helping hand of adults and lots of education until he knows what he's doing and until he understands what responsibilities he has to take. Sure he has to be punished, but lifetime in jail, like an adult. You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Quote by slash4114
Our Survey Says:

Wrong.

Look up the cost of the death sentence boy-o.
Quote by blackthought
I love how in damn near every one of your posts you complain about "liberals". Turn off the Rush Limbaugh and think for yourself, for Christ's sake.

I don't think I have made any other posts about liberals. Sorry, Mr Hussien Obama
Quote by SenorSmiley
I don't think I have made any other posts about liberals. Sorry, Mr Hussien Obama

What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?
When I began reading the OP, I thought of this case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Bulger

This was truly horrible, I think worse than the one TS posted. I really know know where to stand on this issue. In some cases, children haven't developed their minds enough to empathise fully, but others say we born with a moral compass and only those with psychopathic and murderous natures don't have them.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Pageles
How they kill doesnt matter whether it is a gunshot to the head or accidentally giving your little brother paint thinner, killing is killing and a 14 year old knows the difference between right and wrong. They should be tried as an adult plain and simple.

I don't know where you live but in this country, accidentally killing someone is not necessarily murder (I believe it is always manslaughter). If an adult accidentally killed someone, we would hopefully give them a different sentence to the one they would get for intentionally killing.
Justice is not black and white. Each case is different. You have to ask "why are they going to jail?". If you just want to punsh them and have no hope of them becoming better people, surely you would just kill them. People who have been in jail and changed their ways should be let back into society, as they've paid for their crimes and are no longer a threat to others.
Marge: You know Homer, it's easy to criticize.
Homer: Fun too!

Vegetarian Pastafarian
I actually think our system is the best you can do assuming you are talking about very young children. Children don't always truly understand death. I believe they should be put through psychiatric treatment to see what the problem is and see if it can be solved. Children are very complicated and aren't as clean cut as adults because they don't understand that there are consequences to their actions. Also, whoever brought up Frank Castle, I don't think a vigilante character that kills any "criminal" he sees is quite the best opinion on someone who doesn't understand what they are doing.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
I actually think our system is the best you can do assuming you are talking about very young children. Children don't always truly understand death. I believe they should be put through psychiatric treatment to see what the problem is and see if it can be solved. Children are very complicated and aren't as clean cut as adults because they don't understand that there are consequences to their actions. Also, whoever brought up Frank Castle, I don't think a vigilante character that kills any "criminal" he sees is quite the best opinion on someone who doesn't understand what they are doing.

Children understand death. A friggin goldfish dies and my 6 year old will cry for a week.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Children understand death. A friggin goldfish dies and my 6 year old will cry for a week.

Not always. Especially if the parents shelters them from it. Children understand what they are given knowledge about. Many parents shelter their kids from the bad of the world as long as possible which is understandable.
Quote by SenorSmiley

He understands that the fish is gone, he won't understand what that means to the fish though. Or what death means to a human being.

Quote by frottage
Simple; he should be killed.

And how do you justify that morally?
And don't start that 'they killed, so they deserve to be killed' bullshit. That's just trying to get revenge, not looking for a good way to handle the situation. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by black-sabbath

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I'm just wondering. To everyone saying that a child should be killed for killing would you honestly be prepared to do that? I mean could you really kill a child that more than likely doesn't fully realize what they have done? Also, since most things are learned from parents why aren't you holding parents responsible at all. Kids don't really form their own opinions until about 11. So if they purposely kill someone they are mimicking someone they respect more than likely parents.
Page 1 of 2