Yea, I have an effects pedal that makes my electric sound like an acoustic, so I figured I'd completely over do it and buy a 12 string for my first acoustic (playing for 6-7 years).

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FENDER-CD-160E-12-STRING-ACOUSTIC-GUITAR-SCRATCH-DENT_W0QQitemZ370080841283QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

That's the exact one I'm buying except there is one at my local music store for $400, so it'd be cheaper without shipping and shit, I just have to wait another 2 weeks for my next paycheck.

So is it worth it, or is there a better one?

PS - The one at my music store has been there for 12 years, and the only other 12 string is like $800 (they are both electric-acoustic)

I ask because I know nothing (mostly) of acoustic guitars.
6 strings sound better... i'm with base nutter... why not six?
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I don't really like the Fender - just didn't appeal to me sound-wise. In that price range I can wholeheartedly recommend the Sierra Northstar and the Seagull S12. The Sierra isn't widely stocked but if you can find it, it's a great guitar. The solid spruce has really sparkly highs without being unbalanced, the lows project well without being boomy. The seagull's cedar top will give you a more mellow tone, but it's also very tonally balanced.
I have played that Fender before. It's awful. Ibanez's low end 12 string isn't bad, but Alvarez's $600 12 string is much MUCH better (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alvarez-AJ60SC12-Artist-Series-Jumbo-12String-AcousticElectric-Cutaway?sku=518793). Of course, that's way out of you budget, but the Fender is really, really bad. Plus, I think black acoustic guitars look horrible.

Of course, if you want something that plays like molesting moist spaghetti, Taylor's twelve string is just heaven. A truly flawless instrument.

That reminds me. I need to go buy a twelve string.
i like progressive rock
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
6 strings sound better... i'm with base nutter... why not six?

Say what?!?!
Trust me when I tell you this: Thou shalt not buy cheap 12 string guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
if you want a 12 string at least get something decent like a brunswick (no not the ham)
or just by a resonator
Quote by captivate
Trust me when I tell you this: Thou shalt not buy cheap 12 string guitars.

So let it be written, so let it be done.