Would this help any with tapping? I watched several videos on technique to tapping and for some reason it just doesn't work on one of my guitars, but works ok on my other one. Would a sustain pedal help any?
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Why don't you just use the guitar you can do it on for tapping. Or build up finger strength so your better at it?
You're probably doing it wrong. Try going slow instead of trying to imitate Herman Li.
^I hate DragonForce. Just to let you know.

Quote by cleft11
Why don't you just use the guitar you can do it on for tapping. Or build up finger strength so your better at it?

Cause its broken.

It doesn't really make sense to me that you can't do it on a certain guitar unless there's something drastically different about that specific guitar (i.e. high action) - a compressor could even out the dynamics of your tapping - which is a technique sometimes employed by acoustic fingerstlye players. Judging by what you've told us, you need to figure out why you can't play on that particular guitar rather than trying to tailor your gear around the problem.
^I think it's the action. But if I fix it myself I always make it too low and it does that buzzing noise.

^I can't do it with a pick. I've tried. I think part of the problem is that my ring finger on my left hand is too weak to do the hammering. But for some reason it sounds fine on my other guitar...