hey

Using alternative picking can be hard sometimes, but im just learning right now, so i need more practice. From what im doing, im catching it using single strings and them moving to others using the up and down movement. The problem is on power chords like :

3 2
3 2
3 2

^doing this in the up and down movement fast. Is seems the pick stays stuck on the 3 strings when going up, so i cant do them right... any practice tips or just try and try to get used to?

Thanks
Quote by Toolshed#9
you need to sweep while hammer on

Just practice man, you'll get used to it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
angle ur pick so ur pick is at like 45degrees or somthing, you should find it that the pick slides easier over the strings. =) or use the flat side, just dont hit the string straight on otherwise it will be easier for it to be stuck
Quote by Total Warrior
angle ur pick so ur pick is at like 45degrees or somthing, you should find it that the pick slides easier over the strings. =) or use the flat side, just dont hit the string straight on otherwise it will be easier for it to be stuck

+1
ur pick gives in as u strum down. you should also let it give coming up. i'm not talking about the pick flexing but ur hand is gonna let the pick sort of slide off the strings as it moves down. it needs to let it slide back up as well. dont hold it too tight.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
yes i can do them now easily, it was just practice

The next step i guess is getting used to Alternative picking. But, who uses it all the time? Like also on simple notes or slow solos?
I think it comes its mandatory in fast solos or fast powerchords, but ive seen some guitarists using alternative picking on every song (despite being a "slow song")
Quote by TunaFish
yes i can do them now easily, it was just practice

The next step i guess is getting used to Alternative picking. But, who uses it all the time? Like also on simple notes or slow solos?
I think it comes its mandatory in fast solos or fast powerchords, but ive seen some guitarists using alternative picking on every song (despite being a "slow song")

Almost no one uses it all the time, once you start playing slowly then the pickstroke becomes all about tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Almost no one uses it all the time, once you start playing slowly then the pickstroke becomes all about tone.

Yes i know, its not mandatory at all, but can help in some things like fast solos etc. I find myself more comfortable using the "normal down pick". But yes, i seen some guitarists using alternative picking in slow solos and slow songs, but find it useless in those situations since you can do it better the normal way.

Thanks