Ok, so I'm in a band called Nitengale. We're a piano based band, with influences like Muse and Radiohead, etc. I use a lot of effects on bass, I have an SWR Mo Bass Head and it has amazing analog Overdrive, Synth, Subwave, Chorus and a Mo' EQ option. I also have a wah pedal and an Electro Harmonix Big muff... I'm interested in getting a new pedal or two. I'm thinking of another kind of synth because though mine is good, I need a little bit more versatility, but I'm not just looking for a new synth.
I need some suggestion for some solid new pedals that would give me an edge. I use all my effects, and I really would like to have some new options.
You can listen to our stuff at myspace.com/nitengale, maybe that will give you some ideas. Anyways, just suggest some sweet pedals, anything ridiculous or edgy. Give me some thoughts!
Fury- Breathe in deep, and cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us, and make a fuss

Chalking up the frequent loser miles day by day.
Nice band name BTW

I say, if you love trippy synth stuff anyway, go for a nice ring modulator. I love ring mods: the synthy church bell clang is one of my favorite sounds in an alt rock band along the lines of the radiohead and muse.

If you want a slightly more usable effect that any effect-heavy bass player should have, I say get a nice delay right now, something with long delay times where you can dub over your own phrases with built in decay instead of a loop.

Right now I'm looking into designing my own dying atari style fuzz, probably start off with a fuzz face clone and mod the hell out of it.
Moogerfooger Ring Mods and EHX Bass Microsynths are about the same price. I've never played a microsynth but I've heard good things, and the Moog is amazing, of course.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Thanks to both of you, I'll definitely check out those suggestions.
I'm just in an interesting position, with a pianist and a guitarist who plays a lot of atmospheric stuff, I find that using different effects really brings the music together well. I'll definitely check those out, thanks!
Fury- Breathe in deep, and cleanse away our sins
And we'll pray that there's no God
To punish us, and make a fuss

Chalking up the frequent loser miles day by day.