so my bands mixer is on the fritz. it worked fine about 6 months ago, but when we tried to record again a week or so ago it gets pooped on. it will stay on for about 30 seconds on average when we turn it on, but then it seems out of nowhere, that the power will flash on and off. at first we thought it was a short in the cord, or a power issue, but after using it in different outlets and different cords, these were removed. it seems to oscillate between "on and off" at regular intervals every second or so, so i thought it was something wrong with the internal components. anybody have any advice or suggestions with this piece of junko before we spend oodles of money we dont have on getting it fixed?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
so my bands mixer is on the fritz. it worked fine about 6 months ago, but when we tried to record again a week or so ago it gets pooped on. it will stay on for about 30 seconds on average when we turn it on, but then it seems out of nowhere, that the power will flash on and off. at first we thought it was a short in the cord, or a power issue, but after using it in different outlets and different cords, these were removed. it seems to oscillate between "on and off" at regular intervals every second or so, so i thought it was something wrong with the internal components. anybody have any advice or suggestions with this piece of junko before we spend oodles of money we dont have on getting it fixed?

Behringer gear is cheap and may work but their quality is nowhere near consistent...
I suggest using an interface for recording instead of a mixer, it will give much better results.

For recording Qs go to R&R

My advice is not to get it fixed, its not worth it. Look into used Yamaha MG series mixers instead for live sound..for an interface for recording as I said before.
Quote by moody07747
Behringer gear is cheap and may work but their quality is nowhere near consistent...
I suggest using an interface for recording instead of a mixer, it will give much better results.

For recording Qs go to R&R

My advice is not to get it fixed, its not worth it. Look into used Yamaha MG series mixers instead for live sound..for an interface for recording as I said before.

well we would never use this thing live, we are just using it as a way to record our stuff onto our computer, but we dont have access to any other methods besides that, and the "someone hold a boom-mic in the middle of the room" technique.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Take it to a Behringer dealer and send it back. Behringer will fix stuff that is nearly 5 years past warranty. Often they will replace it for free. Yes the stuff is cheap, but they have killer customer service
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
So you are using a 2442FX to record to a standard computer sound card?
very strange setup since most computers have a single input and that mixer has a ton of outs.

For the price of that mixer you could have gotten a nice audio interface...