I was curious to know the differences between the American and Mexican telecaster bodies. There is a 2008 Mexican model (body only) on eBay i have been looking at and as far as i can see it seems there are no real differences between it and an American model. However, i am no expert on the subject and would like to know if i would be sacrificing any real tone or be getting myself into a difficult mess with hardware and such if i were to invest in that particular body. I plan to build the guitar myself and if i can save a bit buy buying that body when there is no real difference in the wood and cuts then it seems like a good deal right? If I am missing something please fill me in. Thanx.
Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.

-Robin Williams
Any particular reason?

-Robin Williams
Sell,Sell,Sell!

But seriously theres no noticable difference unless youre really picky, I say buy. The only main differences I can see there being is the type of wood. Which wont make that much of a difference. Body routing may be different but it wont cause any problems.
some us ones are mad out of solid ash but that is only the $100 more expensive ones. differnt finishes. and the american one is made form fewer peices probaly
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Ya cause i went to the fender site and they are both made out of the same kind of wood. Im really just trying to make an informed decision and a good buy.

-Robin Williams
if its cheap and ur sure its a standard body its probaly a good buy
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
What do you mean by standard?

-Robin Williams
And what would you consider cheap?

-Robin Williams
i remember reading somewhere that the bodies and necks for both the mexican and american fenders were made in usa. i could be wrong though
NOPE
The mexican bodies may be made out of more pieces and probably will be lower grade wood, but if you can get it for a good price, then it's definitely worth it. The price difference will probably be alot and not really enough to justify the difference in the quality.

I'm pretty sure my mexican body is 3 pieces.