Hey everyone, I just had a quick question. Today I ordered a build-your-own skateboard from CCS online, to replace my old one. Basically I got a huge discount for using all CCS brand parts. (I could have upgraded to Independent trucks for $5 and in retrospect it was a dumb move not to. My reasoning was that I could just transfer the Indies from my old deck.)

I heard some people think it's a "poser" move to have an all-CCS skateboard. Undoubtedly, I'm a newb and I can see how it's a noob move, but does it really make me a poser? Even if I actually ride, as opposed to me just buying one just to literally be a poser?

EDIT: Please tell me where is a good place to get blank (read: cheap) decks. THanks!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Last edited by yoshixxx7 at Oct 11, 2008,
well it doesnt make you a poser at all its like having a blank they are cheap but if you had trucks wheels etc why did you just not by the deck seperate
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Oct 11, 2008,
I used to skate, and i used whatever i could get my hands on becuase replacing stuff inst cheap. One of the last board (just deck) i had was a blank that my friend that worked for a skateshop bought.$26 FTW.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Dude let me tell you how serious being a poser in the skate boarding world is. It's so serious. Like you can seriously get your stuff messed up. Dude, if you even think about doing it brah, oh man you'll get so thrashed it's not even funny. CCS man. Dude you're so going to get your ass thumped. Dang man. Stay away. Police line: Do not cross status. Bunny hop, ollie, sponsorships, tech deck, kick flip. For real dog.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Doesn't make you one. A skateboard is a skateboard.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
If people heckle you for that, smash their faces with your board. They deserve it for being douchebags.

Quote by jasonmetal love
Dude let me tell you how serious being a poser in the skate boarding world is. It's so serious. Like you can seriously get your stuff messed up. Dude, if you even think about doing it brah, oh man you'll get so thrashed it's not even funny. CCS man. Dude you're so going to get your ass thumped. Dang man. Stay away. Police line: Do not cross status. Bunny hop, tech deck, kick flip. For real dog.

ppl call me a poser because i skate hand me down shit cause i cant afford my own right now
just **** all the haters and theyre opinions
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
Quote by jasonmetal love
Dude let me tell you how serious being a poser in the skate boarding world is. It's so serious. Like you can seriously get your stuff messed up. Dude, if you even think about doing it brah, oh man you'll get so thrashed it's not even funny. CCS man. Dude you're so going to get your ass thumped. Dang man. Stay away. Police line: Do not cross status. Bunny hop, ollie, sponsorships, tech deck, kick flip. For real dog.

WTF?!?!?!?!

I tried skating once. I had this ultra poser board that I didn't know was, uhh, "poserish", when I got it.

I then moved to guitar. Alot cheaper.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
you aren't a poser unless you spend 140 on a board and cant even ollie a tech deck

i skated minilogo since the beginning and even though i sucked, i waasnt considered a poser because i didnt show it off or wear skate shirt, pants and belts everyday to school
I'm Steve
Quote by jasonmetal love

you forgot the pop shove it 360 540 flip.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
you aren't a poser unless you spend 140 on a board and cant even ollie a tech deck

Protip: I'm not laughing with you.
Portugal. The Man »–
If you honestly care about people calling you a poser, you're a ****ing poser.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by alternitivebass
well it doesnt make you a poser at all its like having a blank they are cheap but if you had trucks wheels etc why did you just not by the deck seperate

I could have done that, but you see CCS has a deal where you if you buy a CCS deck, you get CCS trucks/wheel/hardware for free. So there was no extra cost.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
No one that is actually good at skating uses name brand decks unless... a.) they get hooked up
or b.) they're rich

I never buy any other decks besides blanks. However, I cannot scrimp on trucks, wheels, or bearings. I go for Venture low's for my trucks, Ricta - Autobahn- or Bones wheels, and Bones swiss bearings. It's worth it to put out the cash for these parts because they will last longer then the deck, and they affect the overall performance of your board more then the deck does.
Quote by muppet master
No one that is actually good at skating uses name brand decks unless... a.) they get hooked up
or b.) they're rich

I never buy any other decks besides blanks. However, I cannot scrimp on trucks, wheels, or bearings. I go for Venture low's for my trucks, Ricta - Autobahn- or Bones wheels, and Bones swiss bearings. It's worth it to put out the cash for these parts because they will last longer then the deck, and they affect the overall performance of your board more then the deck does.

Hmmm, sounds like I should have got a blank deck. Where do you get yours?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by yoshixxx7
Hey everyone, I just had a quick question. Today I ordered a build-your-own skateboard from CCS online, to replace my old one. Basically I got a huge discount for using all CCS brand parts. (I could have upgraded to Independent trucks for $5 and in retrospect it was a dumb move not to. My reasoning was that I could just transfer the Indies from my old deck.)

I heard some people think it's a "poser" move to have an all-CCS skateboard. Undoubtedly, I'm a newb and I can see how it's a noob move, but does it really make me a poser? Even if I actually ride, as opposed to me just buying one just to literally be a poser?

**** what they think.
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
Quote by yoshixxx7
I could have done that, but you see CCS has a deal where you if you buy a CCS deck, you get CCS trucks/wheel/hardware for free. So there was no extra cost.

o then ya ccs decks are cheaper so its worth it and ccs is very reputable and pros that skate for them have used their decks before not often but has happened
what i consider a poser is people like my brother who has a ccs hoodie but cant even balence on a board skating is about liking it not if your good thoose people hating on those who cant pop ollies you were there some time its just may take others longer instead of hating help them hating makes you a poser
edit: blank decks cost about the same as a ccs deck and ccs does make blank of their own
i also made your text lime for awsomeness lime green ftw
/ends wall of lime text
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Oct 11, 2008,
Quote by alternitivebass
o then ya ccs decks are cheaper so its worth it and ccs is very reputable and pros that skate for them have used their decks before not often but has happened
what i consider a poser is people like my brother who has a ccs hoodie but cant even balence on a board skating is about liking it not if your good thoose people hating on those who cant pop ollies you were there some time its just may take others longer instead of hating help them hating makes you a poser
edit: blank decks cost about the same as a ccs deck and ccs does make blank of their own
i also made your text lime for awsomeness lime green ftw
/ends wall of lime text

Hmm, on second analysis maybe I was a noob because the deck itself was $30 and it said 69.99 for COMPLETE set-up...ugh.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Nobody gives a fuck what kind of shit you have. You really think somebody is gonna be like, "You have a CCS board? You suck!"? If they do tell them to piss off
Quote by HelpTravesty
Hey everyone, SMOKE WEED!

It's raining blood from a lacerated sky.

Get pop-lites off ebay. Perfect shape, last long, and when you buy 5 at a time it averages out to 15 bucks a deck.
just get a good brand of deck e.g. element, almost, baker and don't worry about the other parts just now...
Everyone knows you're only a poser when you ride longboards.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Everyone knows you're only a poser when you ride longboards.

but what if you enjoy doing slalom down massive ass hills?
Quote by megadeth rule
but what if you enjoy doing slalom down massive ass hills?
Then you're a flamer trailing a rainbow.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by NorfIrIon
If you honestly care about people calling you a poser, you're a ****ing poser.

exactly
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Trusted trucks: Venture, Thunder, Indy, Royal.
Trusted wheels: Ricta, Spitfire, Autobahn.

Most blank decks are good, but for trucks and wheels, you should never go cheap and get the no-name stuff. The Indy-Ricta combo is unbeatable.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I would think that spending tons of cash on an expensive board just because someone famous uses it or it has nice designs on it makes you look like a poser more so than having a generic one.

Then again, I don't skate. I don't see the point/enjoyment in it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I used to get blanks for like 15-25 bucks. I haven't skated in awhile. I'm gonna start up again i think. I'll go out this weekend and do it.
Quote by MetalMegaMan
make it smaller then maybe i'll consider.

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump