I need some suggestions on new artists in terms of acoustic or soft playing. I've mainly just listened to heavier stuff but I always enjoy the slower songs perhaps due to rarity but w/e the case I really do enjoy them.

I enjoy softer music and I really want to get into some artists but I've no idea where to start. I'm already trying to give John Mayer a listen.

Suggestions?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Look up the dudes who influenced the people you listen to. It gets softer as it goes back.
Quote by postmortem2006
Eric Clapton, David Gilmour.

p.s. No such thing as listening to too much heavy stuff!!

Maybe I worded that wrong.

I am CRAVING easier listening.

As much as I love the bone crunching tone and dome splitting riffs I really just feel inspired by really good acoustic songs. House of the Rising Sun was the first song I ever learned on guitar. I still play it for fun.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
the blues, my friend. go listen to SRV or if you really think you need it, some Robert Johnson
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
andy mckee
justin king
srv
reggie wayne morris
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Guns n Roses
Soft Metallica ( nothing else matters, unforgiven)
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Eric Clapton
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Any acoustic song by Greg Lake is absolutely beautiful.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Try some Kaki King. She plays a mean lap steel, and is even better on acoustic.

EDIT: Try some folkier stuff maybe like Bob Dylan, CSNY, Simon and Garfunkel, or Neil Young. Or perhaps try some Red Hot Chili Peppers. They arent really heavy or loud, and they have some very mellow songs like Scar Tissue and Under The Bridge.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 11, 2008,
Turn on your local pop-punk/alternative rock radio station and enjoy
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

When I fancy taking a break from shit like Nile, Decapitated and Origin I tend to listen to stuff like Andy McKee, John Butler Trio, City and Colour and a lot of cheesy techno and trance
ohai little sig.
Andy Mckee, Justin King, Jimi Hendrix (sort of soft bluesy), there is an endless list.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Ben Harper ---> Walk Away
Red Hot Chili Peppers -->Scar Tissue
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
any 70's music is good, im a oldschool metalhead, but i also like to throw in some acoustic fingerpicking sort of stuff too from time to time
Quote by BadgeMan
I think this is fitting -

e-3-------------------
b---3--3-5-3--------
g-----------------3-4
d-----------------4-5
a-----------------4-5
E-----------------2-3
Wel I'd say to transition, listen to some of the Foo Fighters acoustic stuff (Everlong, Best of You, and My Hero acoustic) or some soothing Chili Peppers songs (My friends, Road Trippin, Breaking The Girl) then I'd suggest people like Jack Johnson (Sitting Waiting Wishing) and Dave Matthews (Crash Into Me, The Space Between, So Much To Say, Satellite, Dreamgirl, etc). Keep Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Ben Harper, and Jackson Browne in mind as well. If you play guitar and still want to play some difficult stuff, look up "Phunkdified" by Justin King and "Drifting" by Andy Mckee.

I could probably list more, but you got to explore for yourself. Hope you like!
IMAGINE.
How about Led Zeppelin's acoustic stuff? Going to California, Friends, Ramble on, Tangerine, That's the way, Thank You...all good songs
I'm looking for stuff that is just beautiful. Ala beginning part to stairway to heaven. I'm looking for a more slow,meaningful theme. House of the Rising Sun is one of my favorites though.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
You should check out the genre of Post Rock. Bands like Sigur Ros, Explosions In The Sky, God Is An Astronaut, etc. And some dark folk while your at it, such as Vali, Tenhi, Neun Welten, and so on.

And Agalloch. If you dont know them already.
Sol Invictus!!
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Anberlin is generally rather light, but john mayer is great for acoustic. check out Daughters and Your Body is a Wonderland
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by Rockingbird
Anberlin is generally rather light, but john mayer is great for acoustic. check out Daughters and Your Body is a Wonderland

Funny you should say that I just got done downloading all those (cept for daughters. Will do that right now)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Andy McKee
Liston to some electronic/ambient music like Merzbow
Rush
Deaf
Early Porcupine Tree
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Maybe I worded that wrong.

I am CRAVING easier listening.

As much as I love the bone crunching tone and dome splitting riffs I really just feel inspired by really good acoustic songs. House of the Rising Sun was the first song I ever learned on guitar. I still play it for fun.

m a huge metal fan, when i get burnt out, i usually listen to Vivaldi, it has great composition and is so easy listening. at first sight, try not to push it away as i would have at first. give it a chance.

Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - Winter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdFHJXciAQ&feature=related

heres some pretty neat Spanish guitar playing.

Al Di Meola, Paco De lucia and john McLaughlin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cadbYIzhqQ&feature=related

Al Di and John - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVWqhGXVNA&feature=related

here is a mellow one with Paco And John http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1lT6TobnJc&feature=related
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Powderfinger - not really acoustic, but great stuff!
Stairway? Lots of acoustic
Alot of Foo Fighters is acoustic, like in your honor disc 2, the whole thing is acoustic i think.
America
Coldplay

Slipknot
(jks)