I've had a Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio for almost a year now
( http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=36&CollectionID=5 ) It's a really nice guitar. It has that perfect metal tone to it, with Alnico Classic Humbuckers, 23 frets, a Roman numeral 12th fret, and awesome pitch black paint.

But it scratches. Easily. And a lot. Is that normal? I believe I'm taking good care of it (keeping it in my case, not letting others mess around with it, carrying it with two hands). My Stratocaster never scratches....
I think its just much more noticable on the matte black finish than on your Strats brighter, shinier finish.
I think I've seen and played the guitar you're talking about. If I remember correctly it has a matte finish. As far as I know (or have seen) matte finishes seem some what more susceptible to scratches, at least on a minor level. That would be the only thing I could think of that would lend itself to scratching more easily.

Disregard this if I'm wrong about the finish though.
Last edited by Shabadoo at Oct 11, 2008,
thats the drawbacks of having a black guitar. things tend to show up on it more, guitars seem to be the opposite of shirts lol.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
is it big gouge or is it just little lines. the guitar is black. of course the little scratches will show up
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by RabbidWolf
thats the drawbacks of having a black guitar. things tend to show up on it more, guitars seem to be the opposite of shirts lol.

my strat is also black....

and yes, is does have a matte finish.
Quote by thechimp
my strat is also black....

and yes, is does have a matte finish.

o

then listen to everyone else when they say its the matte
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
it doesn't, i was just making sure i wasn't, like, mistreating my guitar and banging it everywhere. Actually, that might make for a good sound quality.......
if you're really concerned, put a clear cote of spray paint on it, or if there are a lot of scatches on it black spray paint then a clear coat.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff