So I'm trying to learn to play That Was Just Your Life, and I find that the fast main riff sounds best with downstrums on the non-triplet notes. I can do this fine for a few seconds, but by the time I reach the less-notes part of the riff my left arm from the elbow down is ready to give out. I have this same exact problem with a lot of Master of Puppets. Any good ways to help cause less arm pain from extended downstrumming?

inb4wankmore
Obligatory "My Gear" List
Crappy Fender Squier Strat (Got it from the strat pack I got when I first started)
Also crappy ~15 watt amp (^)
Line 6 Spider III (inb4flames)
Peavey Tracer (Got it from my uncle. Ftw )
Epiphone Les Paul (YEAAAAAH)
keep playing them.. you'll get stronger eventually
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
I was going to say wank more.

But just keep practicing, eventually you'll get there and ask yourself why did I ever have trouble with this
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
in this months guitar world, paul gilbert has an exercise for the picking hand. check it out. it has tony iommi on the cover
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Focus on down stroking when you're practicing.

Stretch first then maybe just play the second riff to master of puppets for about 2-3 minutes straight, take a break, stretch your hands, repeat. When you're done playing either soak your hands in cold water or get an ice pack and put it on there.

Athletes always do a cool-down phase after a hard workout, they do it for a reason.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio