Ok, so I've read that it's good if I use my pinky to press the 15th fret instead of the ring finger.

so what if i want to bend the 15th fret. Would I also have to do it with my pinky? It's kinda hard, but I'm getting there. Does it matter if you use the ring finger to bend it?
what would be the correct way
It would be much easier if you used another finger to bend the string too. Most people do full bends with more than one finger.
this is what my teacher has told me before:

learn the right way then you can do it your own way.

honestly, there is no right or wrong way to do this. I use my ring finger for higher frets instead of my pinky for the most part. but if youre bending, theres no reason you cant use your ring finger. in fact, try this: instead of using your pinky, put down your pinky and your ring finger right behind it to reinforce the bend.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
?
Which finger you use depends on the position you're in.
I don't bend with the pinky much (actually I don't bend much at all) but when I do I also use the ring finger to help.
whichever finger helps get you ready for the next note man.
generally i don't bend with the pinky but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
if youre going up the pentatonic scale starting at low e, 12th fret, then use your pinky for the 15th fret at the end.
if youre bending though, i always use my ring finger, with middle and first to brace it
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
When I said I bend with my pinky, I ment that i use all four fingers (index, middle, ring, and pinky) to bend up
Quote by esp1234
When I said I bend with my pinky, I ment that i use all four fingers (index, middle, ring, and pinky) to bend up

That's the way to do it, imo. My theory is, work the pinky up so it's an equal partner, or close to it. I do it like you just said, with other fingers behind it to back it up. I think I'd hurt myself it I tried with the pinky alone... lol

It can be done, and done well, and seamlessly, so why not do it? Working up a good pinky vibrato is another challenge.

Grep.
I spent a whole year working on getting my pinky and middle finger bends 99% as good as with my ring finger bends. I found it gave me a lot of freedom - I dont have to arrange the fingering of a lick around the fact that there's a bend in there. Its well worth the effort.
Play some SRV, that helped my pinky strength. Now I can crank bends pretty hard with my pinky on my 12 gauge strings.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Play some SRV, that helped my pinky strength. Now I can crank bends pretty hard with my pinky on my 12 gauge strings.

Albert King turned my pinky into a machine
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all