Recently having gotten my Schecter C-1 Plus in the mail, I couldn't be happier with it. I feel that I have a guitar I can be proud of owning and love playing. I want to start recording stuff and playing around with tone. I don't know whether to get a new amp to replace my Frontman, or get a multieffects pedal and pug it stright into my computer to record.

I'd like to know what you guys think. Also, when you reply, can you recommend an amp/pedal for me to look at? My top budget for a pedal would be around 200 (300 if it was insanely awesome), and around 300-400 for an amp. I don't make a lot of money, so I have to use whatever I get for a really long time without it being replaced, so the amp should be able to handle small gigs and jam sessions for later on. I play metal and rock mainly, but also play some blues and punk (so versatility is key.)

EDIT: The money is in USD ($).
you could get a power amp and a BOSS GT
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
get

- a MXR EQ pedal
- A boss compression sustainer...
thats all you need really...

check out

randall
line 6
peavey
mesa boogie
are all pretty good amps
stay away from low end marshall heads...
i would get a good sized combo... because when i was playing small gigs my randall rg200 g3 got the job done. it wasnt to big to lug around like halfstacks are... so unless you have alot of money to where you can get both i would just get a good combo for now...
Maybe I wasn't entirely clear on what I wanted to do... I either want a multipedal OR an amp. I'd want a multipedal to be able to everything (delay, wah, distortion, etc.) and plug into my computer to let me record, or I'd want an amp to be an upgrade from my current one.

So, if I went for an amp, it seems like a combo amp would be best for me. What do you guys think about the Roland Cube 60? Seems good, has some effects built in. Will this serve me well later on down the road, or should I not be looking at solid-state amps?
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Try to find a used Peavey Classic 30 and get an OD pedal or something. That should do you well.

this. this
this
this
tHIS

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by -Blue-
Maybe I wasn't entirely clear on what I wanted to do... I either want a multipedal OR an amp. I'd want a multipedal to be able to everything (delay, wah, distortion, etc.) and plug into my computer to let me record, or I'd want an amp to be an upgrade from my current one.

So, if I went for an amp, it seems like a combo amp would be best for me. What do you guys think about the Roland Cube 60? Seems good, has some effects built in. Will this serve me well later on down the road, or should I not be looking at solid-state amps?

Why not get something that does both?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482910
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

Wow, that actually seems like a good deal. In the reviews, it says something about getting a footswitch to go with it; is there one included? And is it mainly for metal (that's what the name makes it seem like), or can it get good blues/punk tones?
I would say AMP, AMP, AMP. You wont always have your computer, and i am pretty sure you cant gig with a multi effects pedal and no amp. If you get a nice amp, it will pay off. The Cube 60 is a good amp, i think that is a good choice for you.

EDIT: That Vypyr looks even better, I would go for that.
The footswitch is an optional extra, but I'm guessing it'll be between $50-100 so it would still leave you under budget and you get everything you wanted...a new amp for jamming with lots of sounds, effects to play with and your USB recording interface.

[edit]Found them...

http://www.peavey.com/products/Vypyr/sanpera.cfm

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Sanpera-I-Guitar-Footswitch?sku=152022

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Sanpera-II-Guitar-Footswitch?sku=152021
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 12, 2008,