I need to know a good distortion pedal i can get that will work for a classic rock like lynyrd skynyrd and aerosmith and for metal like metallica and iron maiden. thanks in advance
gear is a crappy beginner guitar, a crate gxt65, a dunlop cry baby wah
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
get a better guitar first, then invest in a big muff. Better guitar will be much better for your sound then a super pedal.
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
A new amp would serve you better than a distortion pedal. I've plated the 30W version, and the GXT series seems alright as far as SS practise amps go, but a pedal won't sound much better than the amp's built in distortion.
what if you have a thousand dollar razorback with a 15 watt amp and want to play 80's metal with some death metal and any metal and hard rock.
Budget $100
what kind of guitar do you recommend then? im thinking about a jackson dkmg dinky.
Gear
Guitar - Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp - Crate FXT65
Pedals - Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Digitech RP350

On Backup
Guitar - Baja Mini Strat
Amp - Baja 10W
Check out the Sans Amp Tri A.C. its got Fender, Marshall and Mesa amp emulators and you can have 3 presets with 3 different switches. Its really cool, I used to have one so I could get a good mesa sound out of my old amp. The only reason I sold it was that i finally got a mesa. Its very versatile and will be able to get you close to whatever you want, plus it is an all analog circuit so it sounds pretty good.
Quote by gsobolevskiy
get a better guitar first, then invest in a big muff. Better guitar will be much better for your sound then a super pedal.

New amp > new guitar > new effects if low budget.
No experience with the Sans Amp, but the Roland Cube line is pretty good for your budget.
Last edited by Nightfyre at Oct 11, 2008,