Hey all,
ok at the mo I have the following setup:
ESP LTD Viper 400 > Korg pitchblack tuner > Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah > DigiTech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-Dist > Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120, FX Loop: Eventide ModFactor > TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay
and a EHX Knockout EQ I'm still tryna find a home for.

I'm looking for the following:
Compression/sustain
more dirt
Some kind of looper
and an expression pedal for the modfactor

any ideas what would be best? I know very little about all these pedals (except for perhaps the dirt but there's so many to choose from!)
anyone have any recomendations?
Option 5 phaser ftw! Also the MXR EVH flanger. You might want an ISP Decimator G String for the best stompbox noise gate ever. Probably the Digitech Jamman looper pedal.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
mxr super comp.... i like mine.

think any about a phaser?

ok i'll have a look into that one. and as for phaser, my modfactor has that sorted
What kind of dirt are you looking for?

The DigiTech Analog Distortion Pedals are great. I personally love the Grunge pedal. It goes from a really smooth gritty overdrive to intense over-the-top distortion. You may also want to look for a EHX Big Muff Pi. It'll pretty much cover sustain and distortion. Its more of a fuzz than a dirt pedal, but it's still amazing.

DigiTech JamMan Looper or the Boss Looper.

If you're interested, Boss also puts out a pedal called 'The Slicer'. It acts like a looper/ trance-gate pedal. I love the thing.
First of all, nice set-up.

How do you like your Blackstar? What other pedals were you looking at when you got it? What made you pick it? Did it replace another pedal that was already on your board? How would you say it compares to other pedals you've owned or tried? Etc, etc.

As far as compression/sustain goes, I'd take a look at the EHX stuff. Soul Preacher is pretty nice.

For more dirt, I think Fuzz would be the next thing in line. Check out the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz.
Quote by jmpullen
If you're interested, Boss also puts out a pedal called 'The Slicer'. It acts like a looper/ trance-gate pedal. I love the thing.

*listens*
Eh... I'm sure it's got potential way beyond the demonstration vids, but it sounds like a niche application to me. I feel like it would end up being a gimmick in my music. Others may disagree though.
Ok from what I've been told here and based on my own opinion, I have made a list of the following potentials:
Fuzz/Dirt:
EHX Muff of some kind (probably one of the smaller variety)
Looper:
boss slicer or looper
digitech jamman
Compression/sustain:
EHX soul preacher
MXR super comp
Quote by FlyingBeerman
First of all, nice set-up.

How do you like your Blackstar? What other pedals were you looking at when you got it? What made you pick it? Did it replace another pedal that was already on your board? How would you say it compares to other pedals you've owned or tried? Etc, etc.

As far as compression/sustain goes, I'd take a look at the EHX stuff. Soul Preacher is pretty nice.

For more dirt, I think Fuzz would be the next thing in line. Check out the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz.

thanks alot. I picked the blackstar because, quite honestly, it seemed to have the most balls out of anything I tried. I tried subdecay and catalinbread and stuff, and of course boss and all that, but this distortion really captured the oomph i was after, it covered the basses mids and highs and had as much gain as i needed. plus it looks ****in cool when u turn it on :p and no it didnt replace anything.

thanks for your advice
Quote by chrisa123
Sell all but axe and amp, buy a jamman and a used gt8 :P

Yes because we all like depending on one single thing right?
Quote by chrisa123
Sell all but axe and amp, buy a jamman and a used gt8 :P

yes, because boss would be better than blackstar, eventide and tc electronic put together.
twat.