I don't really know if this is the right place for this, but...

I've just started playing my acoustic guitar about 3 weeks ago (had it for a year now, but only started playing cause i moved, now i pretty much have my guitar everywhere when-ever i go outside), and most of the songs that i've been trying to play fits more into an Electric Guitar... So now i got interested in buying an Electric Guitar. Is there anything i should know when it comes to buying an Electric guitar??? Like what kind of brand is not good, any items need to play the electric guitar, stuff like that... :]

Also, what's your opinion on BC Rich guitars??? (Warlocks)

Some of the songs that i'm learning would be: Back in Black (AC/DC), Sweet home alabama ( Lynyrd Skynyrd), Pirates of the Caribbean main theme (:]), Holy Diver (KSE), Hypnotized (System of a Down)

Type of music: I guess i'm leaning towards rock

Budget: Less than $500 US
Last edited by scayler at Oct 11, 2008,
Everyone will ask the following questions, what kind of music do you play or wish to play, what is your budget. So your first thing to do is look at the bands you listen to , and see what gear they have. Also a little thing called google would help a lot.
well i suggest dont go with a really cheap guitar from like walmart
i suggest going with a fender because though i personally dont perfer them they are pretty good starter guitars

and as for stuff you might need a tuner ( i doubt you can tune by ear yet ) , an amp if you go with a squire i'd go for a fender amp too and thats about it for just basics
I say don't get an electric this fast. Frankly, you can't know whether you're going to stick with it, and better to have one guitar you don't use than two. On top of that, acoustic builds finger strength faster, so you should have at least some experience with one before moving onto electric. Of course, if you really want one, get a Squier or something, that's just my two cents.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Pageles: Edited first post, thanks... :]

ligerb: Oh... Yea, i was looking at some guitars in wal-mart this morning... Thanks for the heads up...

RNRSoldier: I've actually gotten my acoustic for about a year now, but ever since i transferred schools, which was 3 weeks ago, i pretty have my guitar when i'm at school and play during lunch and passing time, even when school's over, i play in a park, mall and or anywhere actually, and just practice... So i think my guitar will be dust-free from now on... And thanks, i'll check the Squiers in a music store... ^^
get a fender. they are probably the most versitile guitars ever made. and you can customized it to fit whatever style of music you want to play.
yeah no problem man i regret buying my cheapo washburn from target
Quote by Iceman 420
An Agile ( www.rondomusic.com ) and a Roland Microcube would be good.

Yeah, Agiles have a great reputation here and have a better price-quality ratio than than a Squiers. Squier is a Fender brand, so the prices are marked up a lot. And from what I've read Micro Cubes are versitile and good for beginners.

Threadstarter, read https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328491 if you haven't already.
I'm gonna have to suggest an Agile too, actually. I love mine dearly, it'll probably be more useful to you than a Squier in the long run anyway.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Stick with acoustic for a while, trust me, you will be happy in the long run, you will have callouseses, (eer however you spell them) and your fingers will be so much stronger.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by I am wet
Stick with acoustic for a while, trust me, you will be happy in the long run, you will have callocese, (eer however you spell them) and your fingers will be so much stronger.

I think its callouses..
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
^ ty
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
People will moan and complain about squier. But the truth is that the standard model they make isn't actually bad at all.

Otherwise, a mexican fender stratocaster with a humbucker in the bridge (fat strat) with a roland micro cube 30 or one of the crate v18 tube amps would be a wonderful beginner (albeit quite nice) package into electric guitar.