+1 to edusty...
you should improve your finger dexterity..
and you should have some good picking...
I say screw a metronome and learn to depend on yourself and the music to keep your timing. Not everything you're going to jam on will have a steady 4th note beat to it and you should be able to keep time without that.
Quote by RPGoof
I say screw a metronome and learn to depend on yourself and the music to keep your timing. Not everything you're going to jam on will have a steady 4th note beat to it and you should be able to keep time without that.

i dont like metronomes either.

I like to use mah guitar pro and slow down the tempo to a shred part i wanna play and keep increasing tempo as i go along
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
In simple terms, increase your picking speed and accuracy.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Oh.....but how to pick accurate and fast......my fingering is fast enough for simple shred but i have prob with pickin......any suggestion??
Quote by RPGoof

Are you an idiot? A metronome or a drum machine are the absolute best tools for developing accuracy and hand synchronization. Especially when you're playing shred and you need an extremely high level of both. Playing with a metro does lots for you, and doesn't harm you at all. So why not?

TS, take a look at the stickies in Musician Talk and Advanced Techniques (the AT one especially). And when you practice, always remember: speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
-Minor pentatonic forms (all of them)
-Economy picking
-Chord progressions
-Pinky exercises
Quote by which ones pink
Are you an idiot? A metronome or a drum machine are the absolute best tools for developing accuracy and hand synchronization. Especially when you're playing shred and you need an extremely high level of both. Playing with a metro does lots for you, and doesn't harm you at all. So why not?

TS, take a look at the stickies in Musician Talk and Advanced Techniques (the AT one especially). And when you practice, always remember: speed is a byproduct of accuracy.

+1, there are stickies in advanced techniques thread that can definitely get you started. Also look at freePower's lesson things in his sig
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.