Or are on the verge of it... examples:

1. I am listening to The Bravery right now, their s/t has a couple of great songs on it and I thought they had a lot of potential. So I was stoked on the new album and it was worse than any generic MTV garbage. So sad to see such potential wasted. They'll probably never recover.

2. Of Montreal is an excellent band but... I'm not as into them as I used to be. I love their older albums, the honest, straightforward pop. Since Sunlandic Twins it's been getting progressively weirder to where now I would call them The Mars Volta of indie pop. I am also a Volta fan but I think that both bands tried to do way too much on their last albums and while I do like some of the songs, for the most part I don't dig it. I still hope their new albums(haven't listened to Skeletal Lamping yet) make up for it.

Is there any band or bands out there that are disappointing you at the moment?
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Linkin Park had it - then Minutes to Midnight happened.

Ouch.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

Quote by Shakalum
Linkin Park had it - then Minutes to Midnight happened.

Ouch.

+1

collision course was a shove in the wrong direction too.
i would say coheed and cambria. Although a lot of people didnt like them before, it was definitely mostly closed minded people who couldnt take the lead singers voice and only heard their singles. Their first two albums were awesome, then their third was pretty good and now their latest is poop.

Co & Ca are a good example of a band that changed their sound for the record label.
sublime
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Quote by ozzy102691
sublime

he died, i'm not sure if that counts as losing potential.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I think the bands that have the best chance are generally the bands that don't shoot straight to success.

If I were to release something the first album certainly wouldn't be a wide release, leave that stuff for later on.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Creed(kinda)- they sold ten million albums or something, then that guy had to get drunk.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
The killers.

first album - yes.

second album - ergh. no.

This.

Same for Editors and Razorlight for me. Strokes too in a way, but that's just since the debut was phenomanal and then next two were just really good.

And, unfortunately, BP too. Seem to go down with every realse, which is a great shame since their early b-sides and unreleased tracks were sublime, not just SIlent Alarm.
Quote by soundgarden19
Creed(kinda)- they sold ten million albums or something, then that guy had to get drunk.

I object: Creed always sucked.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Bloc Party. Their first album was fantastic....

Hahaha. Epic Fail. Their other two albums are just as good as, if not better than, Silent Alarm.
Quote by therussian
I object: Creed always sucked.

Duh but they sold like Ten Million then singer turned into a drunk douche and they broke up I mean if held it together another three years they could've sold another ten mill.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Nirvana. Once Cobain died they finally had a chance to be good but decided to disband for whatever reason.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Nirvana. Once Cobain died they finally had a chance to be good but decided to disband for whatever reason.

You, sir, are a MORON.

Bloc Party, and Linkin Park

Both had great 1st albums, dodgy seconds and Linkin Park had a shite third
WHAT!Hissing Fauna was brilliant!as is most of of Montreal's music.
Bloc Party, first was decent.The rest, ehhh..
Kings Of Leon got wind of terrible music after their second album.
Interpol also went downhill when they released Our Love To Admire.
Quote by RHCP94
I'm pretty sure the template for this is the Brian Jonestown Massacre.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9admQrK9Bzs
Everything after 0:47 sums up my point.

...........Wow.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by AllenRothenberg
i would say coheed and cambria. Although a lot of people didnt like them before, it was definitely mostly closed minded people who couldnt take the lead singers voice and only heard their singles. Their first two albums were awesome, then their third was pretty good and now their latest is poop.

Co & Ca are a good example of a band that changed their sound for the record label.

You obviously haven't listened to the entire record if you think their latest is "poop".
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
/ultimateBlocPartyfanmode

I seriously don't see how these songs aren't as good as anything on Bloc Party's second album...

Bloc Party - Sunday

Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches

Bloc Party - Trojan Horse

Bloc Party - Halo

Bloc Party - Talons

I think people are mad because they "changed their sound". They never truly did change their sound, they have a distinct sound but not a definite one. It takes balls to make threes different albums with three different sounds and pull them all off well.

Silent Alarm isn't this band's definite sound, it just happened to be the way they wanted to shape their first album.