Tomorrow, Sunday October 12th. My band is playing their first show at a place called Clutch Cargos. Michigan people will know about this place, but for those who dont, its a real national venue for very big bands. Trivium, all that remains, chiodos, the flaming lips and even DETHKLOK themselves have played there...Thing is its basically a huge battle of the bands with 20 something bands, which brings me to my main point. To stand out in the crowd of cruddy bands we have decided to adopt a halloween theme to our show. Im personally wearing a bloody bucket head mask, while the other guitarist is wearing a hannibal lector mask and pouring blood everywhere... This is honestly a massive gimmick but we think it'll make the show fun and make people remember us, and also take off the edge of nervousness we're all going through being our first show.

Question is. Ug, do you think this is a good idea?
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
No.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Go for it. Congrats at big break.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
No.

It just sounds really cliche and stupid to me.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Thats like 15 minutes from me. How much is tix and whats your band?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
no. that venue is too cool for bloody masks.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
If you decide to do this, you shouldn't wear what you just said, it will look immature. No one will take you seriously. If you want a halloween theme to stand out, wear cliche costumes. Sheet for a ghost, someone get a skeleton costume, etc.
have fun with it man, chances are you probably won't win (maybe idk how good you are but there are a lot of really experianced people out there especially if this is a well known spot) so just have fun and then if you do win then great. good luck, update us on how it went and be sure to add pictures

edit: and read the post above and do that. i read it again and u do need more cliché costumes. ghost, skeleton, vampire, frankenstein
Quote by Nightfyre
No, they'll think you're a bunch of Slipknot wannabes...

Exactly what I was thinking. Don't do it.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by alaub1491
I would do silly or fun masks, not gory/already used masks.

+1
develop your own theme and design your own masks...
that'd be fun thing...
Bad Plan. The best way to get noticed is to interact to the crowd. Talk to them. Hopefully it goes well for you.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
But don't act serious about it. Be fun and amiable.

Yes.

Just have fun and play your asses off. Don't overthink it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by The__Chill
Trivium, all that remains, chiodos, the flaming lips and even DETHKLOK themselves have played there...

do you mean brendon small played there with like a cartoon up or are you trying to lie to the pit and really new to it?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Hahha, alot of negative repsonses...I can understand that. But we're not trying to win or be serious at all, we just going up there like that to have fun with it. Like after people hear the same type of bands for 3 hours, we'll come on and just act like fools. Its all about the fun of it, not acting like slipknot(who we hate), or trying to be hardcore.

And its 13 dollars at the door to the guy who asked about tickets. Tomorrow show starts at 11am.
The Set Up
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
**** Yeah Clutch Cargos
Be sure to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings nearby when you're done playing your show.
Or just eat a bunch of that while on stage.
You should go out in a full suit, top hat, and monacle.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by The__Chill
Hahha, alot of negative repsonses...I can understand that. But we're not trying to win or be serious at all, we just going up there like that to have fun with it. Like after people hear the same type of bands for 3 hours, we'll come on and just act like fools. Its all about the fun of it, not acting like slipknot(who we hate), or trying to be hardcore.

And its 13 dollars at the door to the guy who asked about tickets. Tomorrow show starts at 11am.

No man, congrats...I (and I think others meant the same) just meant that you should have fun with it. And it seems like you are, so good luck. Just be fun, but also play your best and enjoy it.

Seriously, I hope you win man
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by The__Chill

What time are you guys on? Im not gonna get up 4 hours early if I dont have to.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by iceman_8319
You should go out in a full suit, top hat, and monacle.

best idea ever
Thanks alot terrencemaddox...Well everybody knows how we are as people, and we're some of the nicest people you'll meet. They know we'll be acting gory and stupid just to poke fun at those bands and to give people an interesting show. Our music is not gory or violent at all, it'll be ironic mostly..
The Set Up
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Yeah man, rock it out. Just be sure to let us know how it goes.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

No, just no
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

my band is playing a show called skalloween on the 28th and everyone who comes, audience and bands, have to dress up for it. It rocks and makes it a hell of alot more fun than normal shows. But I have never seen any band pour blood somewhere in a live show. Where will you get the blood? I support human sacrifices of virgin men.