OK, so i tried my friend's tubescreamer. it was the model that's right below the 808 replica. it was great and all, but it just didn't do what i wanted. however, the "Modern OD" setting on my ME-50 does exactly what i want.

When i used the TS on my fender deluxe, even with the drive set all the way down, i was still getting a good bit of dirt. so much so that it was hard for me to do my lightly overdriven clean-ish tone that i like. However, with my ME-50, i have to have it set at like 3 before it really starts to get some dirt on it. Is there an individual pedal i can get that'll do that?

Yea...I'm sorry that this post has been very vague and possibly pointless, but i was looking around on gc.com and wondering about that.

anyway, thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
what kind of tone are you exactly after. we dont all have an ME-50 ya know. tell us a song as an example of the tone you want
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
So what you're asking for is an amp that's just slightly overdriven? Why not just crank your amp a bit more, or is that too loud?
what do you mean the model that's right below the TS808 reissue? do you mean chronologically or price wise?

most of the settings on multi effects are based on either the company that makes the multi effect's pedals (ME-50 would have boss pedal tones, RG250 Digitech pedals' tones, Etc.) or famous pedals in general.

try out a couple of Boss' indivudial pedals.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
try the boss SD-1 or SD-2 at some store. on of those is probably the pedal that the me-50 is modeling.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
maybe zw-44 has heaps of gain great for pushing an overdriven amp but not so great for boosting a clean amp for a girtty blues tone
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Varkunus
maybe zw-44 has heaps of gain great for pushing an overdriven amp but not so great for boosting a clean amp for a girtty blues tone

that's a very big misconception. the ZW-44 doesn't have that much gain on tap, enough for a good light classic rock distortion, but not a lot of gain. it has about the same as a TS808 tubescreamer. it does sound more modern, though. unlike the TS series and every other overdrive out there, it scoops out the mids a bit rather than boost them,
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
mxr microamp?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Ubershall404
Fulltone OCD - Amazing OD

+1
Dod 250?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Yea, like i said, i really can't describe what I'm looking for tone-wise. Idk, it just seemed like the TS and TS modelers i have tried have all been too treble-y almost. thanks for the suggestions from everyone. I'm probably going to have to go try a bunch of different pedals to figure out what i'm going for.

Thanks
anymore suggestions are welcome
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
its not a mis conception... I have a zw44 and found it had alot more gain than TS i tried
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
what about a clean boost?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Jhachey22
that's a very big misconception. the ZW-44 doesn't have that much gain on tap, enough for a good light classic rock distortion, but not a lot of gain. it has about the same as a TS808 tubescreamer. it does sound more modern, though. unlike the TS series and every other overdrive out there, it scoops out the mids a bit rather than boost them,

That's funny, I thought the ZW was based on the Boss SD-1 Zakk Wylde used.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It probably doesnt sound "modern" because your using a Fender
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!