Hello
i currently own a Godin Freeway Classic and have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and also have a Zoom 509 modulator effects pedal.

But i am about to buy a Robot Silverburst Les Paul and a Boss GT-10 Effects pedal.
My question is will these 2 new pieces of hardware work fine with my amp or should i get a diff pedal or guitar. Price doesn't matter just want the guitar and pedal to work great with my Hot Rod Deluxe. i love this amp and dont wanna change it...

Thanks
they will work fine, i cant see any reason why they wont, but dont waste your money on the robot les paul if you really dont need to tune every second of every day, what music do you intend on playing wiht this setup?
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Yeah better to get traditional tuners and tune it yourself. Can probably spend the money on a better guitar instead of the tuners.

No reason why the pedals wouldn't work. If you're gonna spend this much on your gear, though, I'd recommend you look into proper pedals rather than all the digital modeling stuff. hot rod and LP would be nice combo, seems a shame to me to ruin it with digital fx.
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
well i willl be playin mostly hard rock and metal, and a bit of alternative, what would you recomend over the les paul robot???
and what type of pedal should i be getting then?
there's stacks of good dirt boxes around. look into radial tonebones, big muffs as well i guess. go to your guitar store and try a few.
lp standard would be fine, or even a studio but go the standard if you have the money, as for a pedal meh the gt 10 would work but you could get other pedals instead of digital fx, as for distortion, mi audi crunch box or tube zone, or maybe even a damage control? i wouldnt turn to boss for distortion as theres is pretty terrible..
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Methinks you should money on a new amp instead of a unnecessary guitar and a multi-effects unit.
the hot rod's pretty good. more bluesy than metal, but tube zone in front of it and you might be alright..
Quote by dhidalgo
which model would be better than the robot for about the same price?

Pretty much any guitar is better than the Robot in the same price range... the only reason it costs so much is because the "robot" part of it is expensive, it has nothing to do with the quality of the guitar.

If you have enough buy a Robot brand new, you can afford to buy a Custom, Standard or Classic used which will be better by miles.

If you want to save some cash, I suggest you take a look at Edwards. I just bought an E-LP-92SD and it's EASILY better than any other Les Paul in its price range and as good, if not better than Gibsons 3 times its price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by dhidalgo
why a new amp???

Because you play hard rock and metal. That's why. If you have the budget for a Robot guitar, you could get a pretty decent amp and a new guitar, both used of course for a wider spectrum of products.
New amplifier
and **** the robot guitars unless your like a really rich collector or a pro-touring musician who needs to change tunings on the fly. It's otherwise just a gimmick

i'm too lazy to add that stuff up right now so what would your budget be
actually i have philosophy to buy everything new
so price doesn't matter as long as i get a great guitar
and i was also thinking of getting a tube screamer which would put me into metal territory...
Quote by dhidalgo
actually i have philosophy to buy everything new
so price doesn't matter as long as i get a great guitar
and i was also thinking of getting a tube screamer which would put me into metal territory...

A Hot Rod Deluxe and Tubescreamer, metal does not make.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Oct 12, 2008,
tube screamer wouldnt go into metal territory maybe decent rock....
um tube zone i fkn fantastic, really nice break up sounds wind up the gain more get into real jcm 800 style dist, turn it up even more and its filthy! plus the charecter knob changes it from either USA voiceing ( mesa / fender ) to marshall style dist, really nice
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
cool. yeah ibanez ts is a blues pedal. i'd suggest you look into the mi audio tube zone then. tonebones are good also, depending on what you're looking for. seriously, don't choose a pedal just from reading about it. go to your store and try em out.
ya i guess
so the boss GT-10 is poutta the question?
so based on what i have been reading i should get a tube zone
for a guitar prob a les paul standard or custom i'll try both
and what about for a wah pedal a really goood one??
custom your just paying for cosmetics really, but if you have the bank go and wank!, um go try stuff out and see what you like really, as for wah try morleys, high end cry babys, rmc wahs, just try them out dude..
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Wait if you can afford a gibson les paul robot and a gt-10 that means your budget is around 2k correct?

You could get an engl thunder 50w head + a marshall 4x12 cab + gibson studio

OR

Schecter hellraiser c-1 (in white for that classic look) + peavey 6505 + head + Mesa Boogie 2x12

seriously, forget the gt-10 and get the real amps to have the sound come out.
Last edited by sesstreets at Oct 12, 2008,
or you could just get a splawn

But seriously, a Screamer combo and an Edwards LP would work fine.

no amount of pedals is going to make your HRD sound really good for metal man.

A New metal amp will.