so you all i feel really out of my comfort zone posting OUTSIDE of the pit but i need people that have an IQ's help with this amp i'm borrowing from my school.

It's a Crate KX-50 and thats reall all i know about it...

basically i'm just wondering what the different knobs change(like low, mid, hi, reverb)

also sorry for sounding like an utter idiot in this post and thanks for any help
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Last edited by cm_punk_fan at Oct 12, 2008,
Well... The low knob adjusts the low end frequencies, the mid adjusts the middle frequences and the hi adjusts the high end frequencies. The Reverb adjusts the reverb, which is more or less a slight delay effect I guess you could say.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ yah
just experiment and turn the knobs to find your favorite EQ (low, mid, high) setting.
and reverb makes it sound like you are playing in a big room(or hall), higher reverb= bigger room
Quote by MatrixClaw
Well... The low knob adjusts the low end frequencies, the mid adjusts the middle frequences and the hi adjusts the high end frequencies. The Reverb adjusts the reverb, which is more or less a slight delay effect I guess you could say.

so what you're saying is

low=bass
mid=?
hi=treble
reverb=delay(ish)

edit: and what do you think would be a good setting for them? (sorry for the noob questions, its my first fancy amp)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by cm_punk_fan
so what you're saying is

low=bass
mid=?
hi=treble
reverb=delay(ish)

Yes, exactly.

Just play around with them for your own settings. You want mids as the guitar is a mid instrument. The bass picks up well... the bass, the drums pick up a lot of highs with cymbals, the guitar fills in the rest.

Playing by yourself, low mids might sound good, but if you ever play in a band or with other people, you will not cut through very well in the mix and people won't be able to hear you. So, don't turn them all the way down.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
alright thanks a lot you guys(guessing your all guys) i'll go experiment with it... later, cause its one in the morning here
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think