So I want to build a guitar but funds wont allow it so I decided to add some mods to my existing one. First I want to add a new trem an Original Floyd Rose probably. Does anyone know how difficult it would be to do this?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Im prettysure its a straight swap from edge 3 to OFR. I think you need to change the studs too. Shouldnt be too hard though. Another Ibanez trem could be good too. An Edge pro will fit, and some people prefer them to OFRs
Last edited by littlephil at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by littlephil
Im prettysure its a straight swap from edge 3 to OFR. I think you need to change the studs too. Shouldnt be too hard though. Another Ibanez trem could be good too. An Edge pro will fit, and some people prefer them to OFRs

Cool man Im just looking to uprgrade from the Edge 3 I have currently, its decent but I want something better and more stable. Pickups are next when I have some more spare money.

How are they removed by the way I have never swapped a floating trem out before, How can I safely remove the springs?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Cool man Im just looking to uprgrade from the Edge 3 I have currently, its decent but I want something better and more stable. Pickups are next when I have some more spare money.

How are they removed by the way I have never swapped a floating trem out before, How can I safely remove the springs?

Put the whammy bar in and push it towards the body, then put a bit of cloth like a shirt or something in the cavity. Then open up the back and you should be able to take the springs out with a flathead screwdriver, just put it under the spring near the trem block and lift it out slowly. Once the springs are out the trem should just lift out.
Wait $180 for ofr didnt expect that much, any cheaper alternatives?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
you can always buy a edge pro or a kahler or a Jackson LFR. jackson LFR are supposed to be some of the best LFR's. find em on ebay prolly. same with OFR's find cheap ones on ebay and buy, i've seen some new ones sell for like 75 bucks+like 10 bucks shipping.
just looked up floyd rose and there are tons of used LFR's and OFR's. you can prolly get an OFR for under 100 bucks if youre lucky,
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Oct 12, 2008,
Its a cheap one, so it might not be very good, if even an improvement over the edge 3. Also i dont think lo profile trems will fit in the cavity without modification
interesting if you could recommend me anything what would you recommend
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
An edge pro, but it would be expensive, more than an OFR. If you cant find an OFR for cheap, look for a Gotoh or Schaller
I have also heard good things about Schaller LFRs
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
What kind of Ibanez bridge does your 350DX have? The Edge III isn't such a bad bridge, but some older 350DXs have different bridges. What about it don't you like? Is it mostly the action/playability of the guitar you don't like?

Also consider changing out the pickups. The 350DX has some pretty decent hardware, but the pickups leave much to be desired. Would your money be better spent putting some good after-market pickups in?

Just a few things to think about before you spend a lot of money on a bridge. It can be a worthwhile mod, but if you're on a tight budget, it's a good thing to consider all of your options. Also: Do you have a decent amp?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
I wanted to do new pickups but dont know what to use
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I have lots of ibanez bridges, if you just want to use one of those.

::Bridges/Tremolos::
(Black unless mentioned otherwise. Include spring claw, springs, no posts/anchors unless mentioned)
Ibanez Floyd Rose from RG: 70$
Ibanez Edge Lo Pro: 185$
Ibanez Lo TRS II: 70$
Ibanez Lo TRS II (gold): 70$
Ibanez ZR Trem+Posts (Cosmo/black chrome): 200$
Ibanez Original Edge (cosmo) 130$
Ibanez Original Edge (gold): 130$
Ibanez Edge III: 130$
Ibanez Anchors (Thick): 20$
Ibanez Anchors (Thin): 20$
Jackson Dinky Pro DK-2 Bridge+Posts: 90$
sounds good man I will let you know