Page 1 of 3
Alright im gettin braces on my teeth in 2 days and i was just wonderin

how many of you guys have them and is there anything that i cant eat or shit like that?

and other help would be good thanks
I've never had them. I've also never needed them. Perfect teeth all my life, it's pretty sweet.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Won't hurt to get them on, but will make you wanna die the day after if you try to eat anything.
After a couple days they stop hurting and you can eat pretty much whatever you did before.
Don't go by that stupid brochure thing you get.
Had mine for 2 years now.
i had them on 3 years ago.. When I first put them on i survived on porridge and half boiled eggs for a week..

Good luck
Stay away from popcorn.

Just stay away from it.

Aside from that, whenever you get used to them you can eat pretty much anything as long as you clean them up decently every night.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
it took a couple weeks before i could actually eat anything solid, i ate mostly yougurt, ice cream and rice or noodles/pasta the first couple weeks.
haha they were a memorable experience..dont eat apples or anything...

gum and hard candy

clean them thoroughly, daily

when they tighten em up it will hurt the next day so eat like a beast the day they tighten em
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
I had braces a while ago.
I ate whatever I wanted and never had any problems... popcorn really sucks to get out of them though. I had some weird method of chewing gum so it didn't get stuck in them too.
If you don't eat any solid food the first couple days after you get them on it's not too bad.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Brush in the morning and at night. They tell you to stay away from chewy things (taffy, caramel, etc.) and popcorn. The usually don't advise gum, and if you do make it sugar free. However, i adhered to those rules and broke off a bracket within 2 weeks eating tortilla chips. I have since strayed from those rules, eating popcorn, chewing gum almost daily, and eating laffy taffy. I have not had another problem since then.

Btw, be prepared for a lot of pain for the first few days.
Quote by Souleater885

how many of you guys have them and is there anything that i cant eat or shit like that?

It'll hurt as f*ck at first but u'll get used to it. Also, don't chew too much gum and eat things that might get stuck in them. Clean them often. Another bad thing is that after a while they'll start cutting the inside of ur lips.

I know it sounds bad but it's not as terrible as u might think it is. I find them being worth all the hassle.

BTW: i don't and have never had braces but my friend does.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I chewed gum when I had mine. Make sure you brush your teeth well (i didnt make to sure to get all under and around each brace) and when I got them off I had a few cavities.
don't eat anything really hard untill they increase the front brackets because they could snap. and stay away from popcorn and bubble gum. and it will hurt the first day after you get a increase in the brackets but thats it
I remember the day i got them on. Felt so weird, the next week was basically hell, took 3 times longer to eat anything, just the awkward feeling of something in your mouth at the start, and the pain of biting it. They advised me to have gum, helps clean them, and they give me some free packets of it when they tighten them. 3 weeks to go and there off.
It's difficult to enjoy Subway with braces. ):
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
thanks for all the help btw guys

didnt really expect serious answers from yous lol
Haha ah my brother! I've had mine on for 5 years now, just waiting for jaw surgery now and then I'm done with that heavy shit for good.

But, don't listen to the horror stories, trust me dude it aint that bad. They will be TENDER for a few days after you get them on and when they tighten them/change the wire. But they do not hurt constantly. You may get a couple of ulcers after you first get them on, don't worry they bugger off pretty quickly. And finally, if they're hurting, pump the panadol dude, that sh*t will get you through.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
just dont get mah pubes in them k thnx
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
I didn't ever really thought they hurt that badly.

The first week or two sucks, I recommend soups, porridge, yogurt, soft foods for those two weeks. Asprin is a good thing to have on you for that time as well. Also know that immediately after you get braces you should pig out, it will take about 2 hours for the teeth to start hurting.

Other then that, it's not too bad. It's not a sharp piercing pain by any means, it's more of a dull nagging pain that can become a bit of a bother when you try to focus, but it's not that bad.

Stay away from hard fruits and veggies. I wasn't able to eat corn, apples or popcorn because they got stuck in the braces way too easily. Gum is fine for the most part, but the orthodontist will not like it. Candies should be fine for the majority as well. Be sure to brush really well at least twice a week if not every day. Bread gets stuck in the braces very easily as well, and if you don't brush that stuff out, especially in the back molars, then you will develop cavities like a mother due for quintuplets.

Always wear your rubbers as well, they will make your process go faster. However NEVER listen to the projected finish dates, they lie.

have fun.

Choosing colors is always neat too

I liked orange
My brother's only 8 and he has braces for his two front teeth because they're so messed up.

Just thought you'd like to know.
Mine hurt for maybe a weeks top. I noticed that the more you eat the quicker the pain goes away as your teeth get used to it. I lived off of soft foods like chicken and ramen noodles for three or four days.

Stay away from gum with sugar in it (you'll be hard pressed finding one).

Don't eat apples whole, cut them up...
Chips are fine. Popcorn is fine if you're good at cleaning your teeth.

I only ever brushed them and would get the food out by sucking on them. Thing is though, at the dentist they will floss them and if you haven't flossed for the month or two between your appointments your teeth will start to hurt and the pain will suck.

Getting a different wire put in usually sucks for like 2 or 3 days from the pain, but it isn't as bad as originally getting the braces in.

I got mine off a month ago. Now I have a steel retainer on the back of my 5 front teeth and back of seven bottom teeth. It never comes out and can't be seen when I smile.

Getting them out is awesome, your gums will feel really squishy and gross and your teeth feel really big.

I only really wore my rubber bands for like a week after they gave me them and then at nights like a week before my appointments. They do speed it up no matter despite how much they suck. I was told a year to get my braces off and it took a year and three quarters.

Basically, flossing and brushing your teeth, and wearing the elastics when the orthodontist tells you that you need them will lead to you getting your braces off near their estimate. People always say it takes twice as long as their estimate to get them off but that's only if you're careless.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Oct 12, 2008,
I had to chew with the side of my mouth for the first week or so. other than your teeth hurting, feeling you have second pair of teeth overlapping, and getting really bad sores on the sides of your mouth, they're fine. you'll get used to them.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
I've had them and i had like one that would fall of all the time. It was the same tooth, and yeah you're restricted on your food intake. Nothing hard.
I've had mine for 6 months now. When you first get them on, eat up fatty, because you won't be able to for the next week. After you can eat whatever you want. Just be careful so you don't break them off. My orthodontist hasn't noticed.
I used to, and my girlfriend does now. It's not a huge problem - your teeth hurt after you visit the orthodontist, and try not to eat gum or anything of the like. It's not the end of the world if you do, though.
Oh, yeah, I've noticed tightening doesn't really hurt most of the time, but be prepared for random teeth hurting daily.
Quote by Croner2.0
it took a couple weeks before i could actually eat anything solid, i ate mostly yougurt, ice cream and rice or noodles/pasta the first couple weeks.

grow some balls, pussy.

youll be fine i think spacers hurt more.
I've had them for like 1 and a half years or so. I'm getting my bottom ones off at my next orthodontist appointment. You can pretty much eat anything you wants as long as you are careful about it. Don't try to eat whole apples, though.
Quote by Souleater885

Trust me, that's a hell of a lot better than getting braces somewhere else...
Yeah they're gonna be all anal and say you can't eat any of the good stuff, but its not a big
deal as long as you brush like twice a day.
"NO COKE, NO POPCORN, NO CANDY BLAH BLAH" but yeah its not a big deal.
as long as you use common sense and don't eat the chewiest stickiest thing you can find,
and then refuse to brush your teeth for a couple days, then you'll be good.
Quote by domino_92

Penis brace to improve size?

I could see it.
Quote by domino_92

In your anal cavity?
Quote by CaptainRon

I got mine off a month ago. Now I have a steel retainer on the back of my 5 front teeth and back of seven bottom teeth. It never comes out and can't be seen when I smile.

is that the steel metal rod behind your teeth?
cause im gettin that aswell

and also i just remembered
i have to get 4 teeth pulled out because of space restrictions for my molers

does that skrew up my eating or not really

oh and thanks for all the helpfull answers you guys
I have had braces for two years now. My teeth have been straightened very well since I have had them, and I am about to have them removed. I was able to eat anything I wanted and chew gum as well.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
Page 1 of 3