I would really like a blu ray player to go along with my hd tv, and i was wondering how many of you have them and how you like them. I want one, but i am not sure if i am willing to pay upwards of $200. Arent the current models kind of loud and slow to load/turn on? I am not sure if i should get one soon, or wait a while until their technology is better and cheaper.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
should you get neutered...its a better place to put your money, blu ray has like 30 more pixels and the human eye wont be able to see it.
so send me all the money and free pronz
PS3 ftw.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
No.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by dethskar0
PS3 ftw.

thats the only thing it has going for it basically besides the few good games ....(no im not going to argue because you like the ps3, if you like it then play it instead of arguing.)
Quote by caskettheclown
thats the only thing it has going for it basically besides the few good games ....(no im not going to argue because you like the ps3, if you like it then play it instead of arguing.)

I'm not going to argue either. Just going to say you're a ****ing retard that knows nothing about the PS3 and its capabilities. Good day.

Yeah get a PS3 man. It's a Blu-Ray player + other fun stuff if you ever feel like taking advantage of those things.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i dont see the need or the hype about all this blu-ray or high definition shit.... i (along with most of us) grew up with the ****ing VHS player. DVD does it good enough for me, thanks.
Quote by cloud041089
i dont see the need or the hype about all this blu-ray or high definition shit.... i (along with most of us) grew up with the ****ing VHS player. DVD does it good enough for me, thanks.

I agree with this, but then again, I'm not much of a movie guy. I can understand how movie fans or people who watch movies every night would want something nicer just because they would get their money's worth.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by cloud041089

Then gtfo.

Don't see the hype? Um... It looks better?

Quote by cloud041089

good job the caveman didnt have that attitude to advancement when he discovered fire isnt it...
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by SkateEmerica987
I would really like a blu ray player to go along with my hd tv, and i was wondering how many of you have them and how you like them. I want one, but i am not sure if i am willing to pay upwards of $200. Arent the current models kind of loud and slow to load/turn on? I am not sure if i should get one soon, or wait a while until their technology is better and cheaper.

I have the PS3...got an awesome deal on it and I also got a killer deal on the HD DVD setup.

So yea I have both and the clear winner in quality for audio and video is Blu-Ray. If you are a big movie fan you will enjoy it. I know I do...

My PS is quiet but yea they are a little slow to boot up still...not too much of a problem. The HD DVDs did the same thing. You get used to it.

IF you want the good sound though you should get a receiver for a 5.1 setup and link using optical cable. Send some HDMI to your TV for the video.

Keep an eye out on slickdeals.net for some rebates and local markdowns. Thats how I got the two players for myself.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 12, 2008,
The PS3 is an excellent Blu-Ray player, although it is expensive. You do get the bonus of being able to store stuff on the hard drive, and surf the internet. And of course the games (new guitar hero comes out soon, wee).
I remember the blu-ray players are really expensive, are you sure its just $200? what currency is that. Last time i checked in Australia they were like $500 at minimum, but that was a while ago now.

And the previous arguments with the ps3 sound like the best way to go, I can't really tell much of a difference in HD picture anyway, but then I have a small TV.
Quote by Namikaze
I remember the blu-ray players are really expensive, are you sure its just $200? what currency is that. Last time i checked in Australia they were like $500 at minimum, but that was a while ago now.

And the previous arguments with the ps3 sound like the best way to go, I can't really tell much of a difference in HD picture anyway, but then I have a small TV.

Dude, HD is absolutely amazing!!
There is a huuuuge difference in the quality and depth of the picture.

Like here, check this video out taken with a HD camera, even with the "HD off" thing its amazingly high picture quality: http://www.vimeo.com/886005

or even just this one:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=mC86heBo0d4
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by Namikaze

I think you need a big whiz-bang tv to tell the difference, yeah.