i have a chinese strat copy with really bad pickups.

.it was a decent beginner guitar but now i want to improve that guitar and am looking for some decent pickups i can use ....
the prob is :
can we use any pickup on any type of guitar?
the guitar had no whammy bar(ya i was a noob in electric guitar when i bought it)
will that be a prob in having new pickups(well i am sure no but still want to confirm)
finally type of music i play: metallica , breaking benjamin, seether, nirvana

which pickups would be more appropriate?
am looking for one around $100

and any ratings for Stranger amplifiers?
any single-coil pickup will fit into any single-coil cavity. so to answer your question yes, in a way. i mean you cant fit a humbucker into a single-coil space, and a single-coil pickup wont fill in a humbucker space. go to this nifty lil website this guy showed me called guitarfetish.com go to the right where it says GFS Pickups, go under single-coil. and pick some out
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
amp? gigging? tone you're looking for?
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by RabbidWolf
any single-coil pickup will fit into any single-coil cavity. so to answer your question yes, in a way. i mean you cant fit a humbucker into a single-coil space, and a single-coil pickup wont fill in a humbucker space. go to this nifty lil website this guy showed me called guitarfetish.com go to the right where it says GFS Pickups, go under single-coil. and pick some out

Unless it's a stacked humbucker,
You're*
Quote by axeunlimited
thnx@ RabbidWolf
btw has anyone tried Seymour Duncan pickups?

Yes, I play a homemade strat with a 1/4lb in the bridge, APS II in the middle, and vintage in the neck. All true singles. The quarter pound is great for leads but otherwise it's just way too different compared to my other two pickups so it really stands out. I absolutely love the APS II. It's really warm and VERY responsive. The vintage isn't anything to get too excited about in my opinion.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Symour Duncan has excellent customer service. You can call them or send an email. Tell them what type of guitar you have and what type of music you want to play. They'll recommend some pick ups for your guitar.