Page 1 of 2
I'ts midnight and I'm really bored. Just like the title says. I'm using a Windows 95.
Edit: Ok some people are telling me how long they've had their computer, I'm asking what year did your computer come out.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Last edited by GuitarHero87645 at Oct 12, 2008,
MacBook Intel Chips Running on Mac OSX 10.4 (cant remember the cat name)
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Dell Inspiron 5150 from 03 with a P4 processor and not even a gig of RAM.

*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
umm i think these monitor and soundboxes and shit are over six years older but i recently upgraded it...
running win vista now...
Quote by GuitarHero87645
I'ts midnight and I'm really bored. Just like the title says. I'm using a Windows 95.

I think I've had this computer for about 4 years now. It's a little slow now and then (read: all the time), but I don't mind too much (read: I get pissed off at it everyday).
a windows XP pack 1 with intel p 4,little over 4 years old the whole set up...
under a dig of ram and on 24.0kb a connection
got to love it ^^
site?
I love music!
I hate how it turns us on each other!
I support music as a whole! not this useless hate!
Quote by Doppelgänger
I think I've had this computer for about 4 years now. It's a little slow now and then (read: all the time), but I don't mind too much (read: I get pissed off at it everyday).

+1, although I'll have a new rig in a week.

I used to have an old desktop running Windows 3.1. It had one of those 10"ish screens and the whole thing was a single unit lol.
Windows XP Pro
4GB Dual Channel Ram
Asus P5K SE Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD4850 GPU
Intel Duo Core E7200 Processor (2.53ghz)

My Mouse and Keyboard are pretty standard, upgrading eventually...
Speakers are a pretty basic HP 50 Watt 2.1 System I bought last month for 100$... really regretting the purchase as I'm going to have to upgrade to 5.1 or even 7.1 eventually...
Older 80gb Hard drive that I'm upgrading to a 300gb+ SATA eventually...
Old case that I'm upgrading eventually....

Hooked into a 26" Samsung LCD TV.

The GPU and Processor came out around June. Not sure of the age of the other things. Not sure of my PSU.

By eventually I mean when I get a job next symmester.

I might upgrade to Vista because XP Pro doesn't support all of my Ram, its only their cause it was a good deal. It bottlenecks my PC a little bit because of the small amount I payed for it.

Whenever I do an optimize on Crysis it puts my computer on all High settings. (highest possible without DirectX 10 which is only available with Vista).
Last edited by CaptainRon at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by sbikram

Quote by Jackintehbox

haha
I got this one three years ago.

Then about a week later, Apple introduced the Intel switch.

Still works just fine, though. I might throw some new RAM in it this week.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
I got this one three years ago.

Then about a week later, Apple introduced the Intel switch.

Still works just fine, though. I might throw some new RAM in it this week.

Make sure it's big RAM. Them computers..them freaking computers..you know...I always thought a computer is a computer and went merrily along with my day. I always thought when I booted her up she was satisfied..but nooooooooooooo......I hear she was around the water cooler talking with other computers about how I wasn't big enough. Needless to say I replaced her and got a big RAM for my new computer. No more small RAM, slow bullshit anymore..and no more gossip around the water cooler with them other computers neither!
Got it in Oct 06 from my college.
But then i made a major upgrade to it this summer to it too...
Upped the RAM from 512mb to 2gb and replaced the old beaten up 60GB hard drive with a new faster 200gb 7200rpm Hard Drive.
Again some people are saying how long they've had their computer. Again I'll say I'm asking what year did it come out, not how long you've had it.
Quote by Jackintehbox

haha
Quote by af_the_fragile
Got it in Oct 06 from my college.
But then i made a major upgrade to it this summer to it too...
Upped the RAM from 512mb to 2gb and replaced the old beaten up 60GB hard drive with a new faster 200gb 7200rpm Hard Drive.

ooo when you boot her up I bet she just moans in pleasure you big boy.
-Sony Vaio desktop is about 8 years old, running XP without any service packs. It sucks ass.
-Custom build desktop is about 1.5 years old, running Vista, XP, Ubuntu flawlessly. It kicks ass.
-Alienware Sentia laptop is about 2 years old. It runs XP okay but the physical design sucks.
-Macbook Pro is almost 2 months old running Leopard and Vista flawlessly and it's the best laptop I've ever used.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Wait I am really starting to question why I turned a question about how old ones computer is into a warped view of RAM as a penis and the size of the RAM the size of said penis...more oddly why I transposed computers into humans with a penis size complex.
Quote by GuitarHero87645
Again some people are saying how long they've had their computer. Again I'll say I'm asking what year did it come out, not how long you've had it.

Isn't it the same thing?

If I say I've had a computer for 8 years, you know it's from 2000. This is of course, assuming you know basic arithmetic.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
ooo when you boot her up I bet she just moans in pleasure you big boy.

she does, she does moan and does a lot more too!!
Quote by GuitarHero87645

Not everyone goes and gets ripped off by companies like HP though.

I built mine myself and saved probably 500 dollars.
Quote by CaptainRon
Not everyone goes and gets ripped off by companies like HP though.

I built mine myself and saved probably 500 dollars.

Smart people build their own, which gets you far better performance and saves you money.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Isn't it the same thing?

If I say I've had a computer for 8 years, you know it's from 2000. This is of course, assuming you know basic arithmetic.

Yeah but someone could have goten their computer in 2006, but that doesn't necesarily mean it's a 2006 model. They could've bought a 2004, 2005, or whatever, so I'm asking what year was their computer made, like I said the one I'm using right now is a Windows 95, which would mean it was made in 1995, so it's 13 years old.
Quote by Jackintehbox

haha
Or they could just be using an old computer like I am, because my normal computer is only 2 years old.
Quote by Jackintehbox

haha
Quote by GuitarHero87645
Yeah but someone could have goten their computer in 2006, but that doesn't necesarily mean it's a 2006 model. They could've bought a 2004, 2005, or whatever, so I'm asking what year was their computer made, like I said the one I'm using right now is a Windows 95, which would mean it was made in 1995, so it's 13 years old.

You are wrong. Windows 95 is an OS, not a computer.
2008, I just bought the thing. Laptop too, just love the mobility.
Quote by Slut
Nobody likes you and your opinion on life does not matter. Also your sister is pregnant with my child.
I built my new one about 5 months ago, one of the hard drives is about 5 years old (it was easier to just throw it in my new comp than to transfer the music over onto the main drive via networking)

Quote by CaptainRon
Your computer could have been made in 1995, 1996, or 1997.

The technology might have been made in 1993 or 1994 though.

Thats doubtful, even back then stuff was going obsolete on a yearly basis almost, except for macs, those tend to have longer life spans.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by CaptainRon
^Why couldn't you just do a clone onto a newer HD using Norton Ghost?

I did, but i stil have that harddrive, since it's still pretty much up to spec with my comp since it was top of the line when it came out. Now I just use it for archived stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ive had my laptop for a couple months now
purdy good
my old pc though is a dell dimension 2400
i think that its more then 5 years old
Dick+strings= owww
I've got a 2008 HP DV2000 special edition. It tells me that its a DV2000 inside but vista thinks its a 2700? I dunno but its brand new. This little lappytop has an awesome paint job 128 mb graphics card 4 ghz processor 4 gb of ram and vista x64 with a 300 gb HD etc etc
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Quote by domino_92
Mine came out last year I think...It's an HP Pavilion dv6000

MINE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
7 years old computer, it was top notch back then though It has a dualcore processor, 1024mb RAM and I´m running windows XP survice pack 3 on it. Awesome!
I'm pretty sure my PC was assembled in 2004, but I have upgraded most things in it since around 2006.
Page 1 of 2