View poll results: Live in Australia or U.S
Australia
47 59%
U.S
32 41%
Voters: 79.
Population of Australia = 21 million

Population of U.S = 305 million

So there should be about 15 times as many from the U.S?

Lets see. Live in Aus or U.S?

Edit: This is not a which country is better competition.

Tomorrow in the US night/day will flip. (The results should even out)
Last edited by dan_g_ at Oct 12, 2008,
This thread should have a poll. And I'm from Australia.

EDIT: I just realised one problem with this thread. It's about the middle of the night to early morning in the US. Not many people go on ug at that time.

EDIT (again!) Now the thread has a poll. It didn't when I first posted.
Last edited by kilbie at Oct 12, 2008,
I'll vote truthfully, but it's very tempting to have everybody vote for Australia anyway.

EDIT: You'll also have to wait a while for good results. A good deal of the American UGer's are probably asleep.
I'm from Australia, just can't really imagine leaving here yet, through all its faults its a nice place to live. Besides you hear a lot more whining stories from the states anyway, even on aussie tv.

Besides anything good from the states gets shipped here soon enough anyway.
at this time, you'll get more Aussies on
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
U.S. belongs only to the whites and only they shall live there.
Any one else who tries to get in will be shot just like the Mexicans!!
Quote by dan_g_
Australia 1 100.00%

Results holding steady so far.
lol

dude, it's about 3:30 am in the eastern time zone of the US. 12:30 am on the west coast.

most of the yanks are sleeping.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Australia.

Right now, is Australian peak time, though, so the results will be biased for a while.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
UK!!! why have you forget us? i think this is worthy of a report for prejudice against us...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
you know, this might work, except that you aren't going to get a good, representative sample. for one, there's no way to know if the people in the polls are actually choosing their actual country. also, it's pretty late in the US (i'm on mountain time, and it's 12:38 am, so it's anywhere between 11:38 pm and 2:38 am in the US). therefore, the odds of that many people from the US actually being online aren't that good. however, in Sydney (just one example), the time is currently around 6:38 pm or so (and also almost a day ahead, but irrelevant in this case) and so the chances of more Australians being online is much higher. also, the pit is hardly the place to go to find a good sample.

basically, the point of all this is that you don't have a representative sample, which is essential to make this poll useful in any way.

holy shit, that took a long time and i doubt anyone will actually read it...

EDIT: i guess it's actually 3:45ish on the east coast, not 2:45. my bad, i suck at math =P)
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Last edited by darkfire_storm at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by darkfire_storm
you know, this might work, except that you aren't going to get a good, representative sample. for one, there's no way to know if the people in the polls are actually choosing their actual country. also, it's pretty late in the US (i'm on mountain time, and it's 12:38 am, so it's anywhere between 11:38 pm and 2:38 am in the US). therefore, the odds of that many people from the US actually being online aren't that good. however, in Sydney (just one example), the time is currently around 6:38 pm or so (and also almost a day ahead, but irrelevant in this case) and so the chances of more Australians being online is much higher. also, the pit is hardly the place to go to find a good sample.

basically, the point of all this is that you don't have a representative sample, which is essential to make this poll useful in any way.

I'm on mountain time and it's 1:45 AM

Holy shit a time warp!
Quote by darkfire_storm

All true. Although it will even out by tomorrow if this isnt buried. And I cant think of anyway to stop people voting incorrectly.

Sorry other countries. But these seem to be the 2 main countries(Could be way off)
Quote by CaptainRon
I'm on mountain time and it's 1:45 AM

Holy shit a time warp!

shit, my bad, i forgot the time jumps and all that. i'm actually in Arizona, i forgot that it has its own time zone... such a stupid state...
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by CaptainRon
Canada eh!

We're pretty spot on in Ratio with the U.S. though... other then good hockey players, in which we dominate.

Canada rules.
However NEVER thrash our 'word' like that.
You totally FUBARed it.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by af_the_fragile
U.S. belongs only to the whites and only they shall live there.
Any one else who tries to get in will be shot just like the Mexicans!!
your dumb? i think so...
Quote by CaptainRon
I think it was e-sarcasm.

He lives in Ireland so that means he is either:
a) Drunk
b) Fighting with the North
c) Both

d) Beating his wife?
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Guess where Im from??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
yea im from the US and its 1am..

most USA'ers probably arent on.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
United States of America or United States of Afghanistan? o.0
Quote by angus fan16
Quote by dan_g_
By US i meant University of Salzburg. Sorry if I was misleading

nice results you're gonna get then...

v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
UG IS NOW PROPERTY OF AUSTRALIA!

Now, get lost, Yanks.
We have a giant wallaroo to fry with shrimp on the barbie.