I'm getting my AC30 soon and the Triple Recto is gone, so I was thinking about selling my Viper as it would not get much use, but then I figured I could just swap the pickups and keep it useful, I'm thinking about a P-90 in the bridge and not sure for the neck, any P-90 recommendations?
Cheers!

Standard P90s won't really fit, but you could get a humbucker sized P90 like the Duncan Phat Cat - what kind of sound you loking for and what country are you in?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
As far as sound is concerned I'm just looking to make this guitar stand out from my others, I already have a Les Paul with humbuckers, a tele, a strat and wanted something with p-90 style pickups, like a LP jr. Probably will use it for ATDI and Sparta style rock. I'm from Canada by the way.
ATDI are amazing. I'm actually really into ATDI/TMV, and was going to get a Tele with a Duncan Rails pickups to attempt to cop a similar vibe to Omar's plethora of guitars (either that, or a Mustang...or both :p ), but the viper with some P-90s would get a nice, warmer sound than a tele or mustang that'd still be kick ass. Omar did use a Gibson SG-X with a humbucker in it for live situations (in addition to lots of other guitars), so maybe something like a JB in the bridge? The Duncan Phat Cats are really nice at making a really warm guitar snappier, so maybe a set of those too.
those Mississippi ones BKP make - holy hell - they are going to be in my next L.P for sure! they even handle high gain well!
doesn't Matt Bellamy use those in the neck position of a few of his Mansons? God, if I ever got a high end guitar with P-90s, Mississippie Queens would go in there pronto, they sound REALLY good.
Did you already buy the AC30? If not, I have a better one for you:
http://www.valvetechamps.com/theamp.htm
I'd rather have a Hayseed than a Vox.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Pig 90 from sdpickups.com. Very good pickup, and will be a better value than the ones from Bareknucklepickups.
Here's a demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SahxoRCKpDc
Where did you pick up an Edwards guitar? Where do you live? How much was it?
I live in Transcona, right in the middle of Canada, I had it shipped in from a guy in Vancouver, paid just under $600.
Quote by Matt Gnarly
I live in Transcona, right in the middle of Canada, I had it shipped in from a guy in Vancouver, paid just under $600.
Transcona? You mean Winnipeg right? I'm by KP mall right now. Where do you live? Past Plesis? Past Day?
Your Viper looks awesome. I have an LTD myself. Strange how near we are to each other!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Matt Gnarly
How are Kent Armstrong pickups?

based on the very few i've tried, not great.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?