This is my first post, out of desperation!
I have an RPG BL-02, an Ibanez Jem copy. But It's my first guitar with a floyd rose.
I know how to string it up, i know how to tune it, but how do i keep it in tune?
i tune up the machine heads to pitch, clamp the strings, then fine tune it twice. after playing, with bending the strings it goes out of tune?? If i use the tremolo arm it gets even more out of tune, usually ending up a semitone sharp.
Any advise would be good!
Sounds like a nasty licensed floyd to me, either that or it's just knackered.
EDIT: Did you stretch the strings when you last re-strung it?
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
What strings are you using? Cheap and nasty ones won't stay in tune. Also if it's a cheaper floyd rose then it won't be excelent. Try put A TINY BIT of 3-in-1 oil on the bridge saddles.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Or just try to even the tension between the strings and the springs .
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
It isn't balanced properly.

/points to Floyd Rose thread.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
It's probably set up and balanced fine - I suspect the TS just hasn't streched the strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Good point Seagull.

If so, unlock your nut and go wild with the whammy bar for half an hour or so, just dive and raise, over and over again

then tune up, lock hte nut.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Stretch your god dam strings! It doesn't matter what kind of trem you have you need to stretch your strings and not just once but a many times until they stay in tune.