Im looking at spending up too around £2500 ($5000) on a new guitar.
I already have a Fender Amercian Standard Telecaster And Stratocaster, And an Orange Tiny Terror and Fender 212 Deville.

I Play Indie Rock, in my band.

I really want a 70's Gibson Les Paul...
Link Here

Or An Epiphone Olympic...
Link Here

Or Finnally.. An Epiphone Wilshire
Link Here

Can anyone give me any more information?
Thanks
Quote by Yergh

Link Here

Link Here

Thanks

Libertines fan much?

Get the Les Paul, it's more versatile for when your taste in music changes.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
How could you guess?!

About the Les Paul, I've tried researching.. but come upwith nothing!
Whats the build quality like of a guitar of that era? Im guessing its pretty good considering its still looks to be in good condition!
I think the 70's were bad days for Gibson, but that Les still looks better than the other two, get the Les!
What amp are you playing through first?

Cos to get the libertines sound you're gonna want the Olympic probably, because it's got the single coil that most of their guitars have, such as the Melody Makers.

You won't get the raw sound they get with an MG or a Spider, you'll want a decent valve amp first.

Im saying Olympic for the tone then.

But les paul for variety.

EDIT
Saw the Deville!

Olympic it is then!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
haha
well, my tele is my main indie sort of sound

but getting the olympic would save me a grand also
Thanks for your replies!
If you have $2500 to buy an Olympic PM me. I have a Pelham Blue one which is very, very, very rare, It has a firebird pickup in the neck, but I have the original PG if you want it back to normal.

All the guitars you listed are not vintage. They're used.
i say razorback :P rofl only kidding!
have you looked much at the sort of fender toronado(sp)
thats a nice guitar tbh..ive used one in the local shop..not sure if its vintage enough for you, but i liked it.
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Those Epiphones look very retro, I'll give you that. I'd get the Olympic, it just has the indie vibe to it, while the Les Paul looks a lot more rock than indie.

Not to mention it looks cool.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
70's were bad days for Gibsons, but you will easily be able to get a 1960's melody maker for that money, thats proper libertines.
Quote by Yergh
Im looking at spending up too around £2500 ($5000) on a new guitar.
I already have a Fender Amercian Standard Telecaster And Stratocaster, And an Orange Tiny Terror and Fender 212 Deville.

I Play Indie Rock, in my band.

I really want a 70's Gibson Les Paul...
Link Here

Link Here

Link Here

Can anyone give me any more information?
Thanks

why are you spending the extra money on a guitar cause it is "Vintage" you know if you take that "vintage" LP and bring it into a guitar shop and are blind folded and let a guy play it and all the other les pauls off the rack in his store You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFRENCE . Vintage in guitar means" i can soak you for a few extra thousand dollars "

if you want an LP thats cool but just buy an Lp use the xtra money on mods like pick ups and amps .. or get a Cutsom guitar built to your specs .