Hey, I'm looking at getting a Yamaha DTXplorer soon, and I'm wondering if I could plug its audio output into my guitar amp.

It's a solid state, 65watt.

Would this produce any adverse effects? Would it sound ok? or would a pair of cheap PC speakers do ok? Then only use the amp for jamming?

Thanks very much, I was unsure where to put thisa, but it does invlolve an amp, so I decided here would be ok.

Thanks,

Louis.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Yea you can. It might not sound brilliant but it'd work.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Thanks dude, do you know if, the kick or whatever will make frequencies too low for the amp, just wanna be careful over the speaker.

Quote by JagerSlushy
Nah, my mate played his through my MG15 once coz we had nothing else and it sounded fine. Kick and toms all came through fine.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Thanks man.

Quote by JagerSlushy
Ironically my Roland drum kit sounds WAY better through my Fender Rumble 15 than it does through mmy Roland Cube 15x
Quote by Jaksar
Ironically my Roland drum kit sounds WAY better through my Fender Rumble 15 than it does through mmy Roland Cube 15x

i'd imagine the fender rumble is a bass amp? bass amps are actually more transparent sounding than guitar amps, usually, which would mean it'd amplify it more clearly.

we have electric drum kits at college which are amplified through a foldback monitor facing the audience. sounds like ass, from the stage, i find it really off-putting performing like that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I would not do it, you may break the speaker with the low end bass if you turn the volume up too high...
Get a keyboard amp like a Behringer KX1200 or something like a PA with some fair woofers in it. I own the 1200 myself and am very happy with it although using two makes a big difference since you are then running in stereo...

Also the Roland V-Drums are a heck of a lot better and worth the upgrade in price so go with those if you can...just my opinion

More info on E-Drums at v-drums.com
I'm under "weldman" there.

And PC speakers sound like crud...I've tried that with many sets and they lack mids or highs quite a bit... They are simply not made for e-drums.
Roland makes some monitors if you really want to play with some personal speakers. They are a little high in price though...