Yeah so yesterday I changed the strings on my guitar(lespaul classic) which are D'addario guage 12(the red packet) and it seems that the tension on every single string is very high. Even on drop c the guitar is almost unplayable....so please help me cause i have no idea what i've done wrong...thankyou
1) Wrong forum.
2) You're using a very heavy gauge, that's probably what makes it so hard to play. Also, check your action.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
What are you changing from? If your used to 9 - 42s your fingers wont be that strong and it will be a bitch to play on 12s

(the strings might be bowing the neck forward meaning a truss rod adjustment to straighten it out again).

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I changed from gauge 9, i just wanted to try out these heavy strings and it turned out to be a big pain in the ass...so is this normal or is my guitar messed up??
yeah man its normal, 12 is rediculous, your talking jazz/acoustic/SRV gauge, and in comparison to 9's im surprised youd even manage vibrato on those bad boys.
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
its somewhat normal, as the absent mind said you've changed from 9s to 12s, so its just about getting used to them.

but if you shouldn't be playing in standard with 12s, C standard at all times.
Drop C on 9s isnt really advised, the strings will be quite floppy.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man