It's probably going to be my next purchase, just wondered what are your guys impressions of them? I'll be running my Ibanez RG350EX through it and play quite a bit of metal I only need it for practice and when I have friends found for a "jamming session".

Feel free to recomend anything cheaper/better

Thanks guys
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Oct 12, 2008,
get a peavey valveking 112 if you can. its better trust me, and isnt all too loud, it can get good bedroom volumes.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I use a Roland Cube X30 for almost a year now. It's a pretty good amplifier in my believe and you can make a lot of different sounds with it.
I use it mostly for metal like Metallica but also Rock'n Roll like AC/DC and Nirvana. I think it's a very cheap and good amp for the price you pay for it.
With the 30 watts the amp creates enough power to enjoy the sound, especially for the overdrive! I strongly recommend this one if you use it for jamming and practice because of the good sound and the many options for the sorts of music you can fix.

Just remember... more prof stuff like Marshalls and Peavey's are expensive but give you deeper sound with more power and that's not necessary for just practicing in a small room.
Its perfect man, I use a lot of high end gear but when im in my room or just jamming with mates theres no amp id rather use than my cube 30!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by SOADriff
get a peavey valveking 112 if you can. its better trust me, and isnt all too loud, it can get good bedroom volumes.

Thrice no, squire.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
well i have exactly the same setup as you! rg350ex and a cube 30X
I think its a great practice amp, very versatile can get a tone to suit pretty much everything, its good for metal too and plenty loud enough, built in effects are ok tooo. great amp in my opninion.
Quote by SOADriff

cube 30x=$245 VK 112=$420 your suggestion=epic phail

the cube 30x would be great especially for metal, i cant think of anything better in the range, but you might wanna try the peavey vypyr 30. ive heard its better than cube but ive never tried it. good luck
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Cube 30x is good for metal heads..

Peavey Valveking 112 is crap for modern metal.
Check out the Peavey Vypyr. Really killer versitile amp.
No on the Valveking, that tone really hurts my ears. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Try one you'll see.
If you're going to get a Cube, try to save up for the 60. Play both and you'll see what I mean.
Quote by SOADriff

No......just no.
I've never played a Roland Cube but alot of people on here love them. They must be pretty good. I do own Peavey Vypyr 30 and it can do pretty much any genre. I play alot of metal and hard rock. My friend plays blues and he found some real good blues tones on my Vypyr. He was really surprised. He hated the Line 6 Spiders and he thought the Vypyrs were gonna be the same, but after playing mine for a while he changed his mind.