kay so I have an Ibanez V72ECE in natural -

It's absolutely beautiful, both the natural spruce top and the mahogany sides and back are orgasmic. Pic does it no justice at all. If you've seen it before, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I wanted to have a outline/silhoutte of a dead tree on the top, between the bridge and the strap button.

The image I've zeroed in on is this -

So how do I go about doing this? I'd want to use a erasable material first to give a guide to the later coat (a pencil or something, will it damage anything?). What do I use for the final coat? Marker? I want it in black.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Last edited by akack at Oct 12, 2008,
your pics are the same
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Buy some "Frisket" on E-Bay. It's a low tack, self adhesive, clear masking film.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=Frisket+film&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270&_odkw=Frisket&_osacat=0

Stick that on the area you want to work on.

On that, glue a piece of paper of the design you want (Bonzai Tree or whatever).

With a new razor blade or exacto, trace the outline of the design, so it cuts the paper and masking film.

Remove the bits you have cut out.

You will then have your design, that you can colour in, or paint or whatever.

You could lightly scuff (take off the shine) with wire wool or something, but be careful not to damage the edges of the mask.

Then paint it and seal it with matt lacquer etc.

Peel off the masking.

Then let it dry.

I suggest you practice first!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 12, 2008,