Epiphone Explorer, came with gold hardware, replaced most of it with chrome hardware. It looks great now, but the pickups are still gold-covered. On other parts of the hardware, i noticed the gold had begun to wear away, and turn a silvery-chrome. I was wondering if theres a way i can change the colour of the pickup covers/speed up that discolouring process?

I've looked at removing the covers, but its all fiddling with melting wax etc. that id rather not bother with.

cheers
The covers are probably Nickel underneath, so you could try some fine wire wool to rub the gold off?
thank god you said that... i was about to get to work with paint stripper.

ill go find some, thanks.
Quote by KevVin
thank god you said that... i was about to get to work with paint stripper.

ill go find some, thanks.

Saved by the bell huh?!

Let us know how it turns out.
didnt use very fine wire wool at all, the colour came out fine, the chrome blends great with the rest of the guitar, but looks a bit battered an scratched.

Result really, the rest of the guitars a bit of a state aswell.
Quote by KevVin
didnt use very fine wire wool at all, the colour came out fine, the chrome blends great with the rest of the guitar, but looks a bit battered an scratched.

Result really, the rest of the guitars a bit of a state aswell.

You can polish out those scratches of course. I can't say what the metal is, so I don't know if it will discolour at all in time.
umhum, ill get some finer wool an av a go next time i restring, or get one of them fancy guitar-speciofic cleaning kits... Thanks a shite load for that, i hate gold hardware :P