Big Dilemma, been playing acoustic guitar for a little over 3 years, earnt some money, done some youtube and that sorta thing, but now I've (recently) Joined a band and need an electric guitar. thats all well and good except my birthday is in just under a month and i have the same Electric guitar knowlage as a Shovel, So combined with Birthday money and $$$$ From a part time job, i have about $700-750 AUD (Australian) For an Guitar and an Amp.
Now that the general, more about my style

The band is Just a small time Senior School Band, doing a few local freeza events and school stuff.
We are Rock mainly but leaning a little more toward Emo/Indie Music every day. I play Rhythm/Lead Vocals

I'm currently only playing either an Ashton Acoustic (cant remeber model No#) and a Fender DG-4ce SB (Ac/E)

so yeah, thats pretty much all there is, unless you want my pin No#, and you can only get that through request Via Email, lol

Please Help. and if you do, Thanks
Last edited by Mr.Pink101 at Oct 12, 2008,
Normally i would, but i know about 12 people with them, plus our Lead Guitarist uses a clapton sig telecaster
(oh lord it is the greatest thing ive ever played btw)
Dude I wish I could help, but your prices in AU are harsh. Lol. Im gonna go with you wanting humbuckers if your gonna play some Rhythm Emo stuff. Epiphone G-400 is a really good guitar, but im unsure what that will leave cash wise for an amp.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
ooooh, i saw a maple top G-400 in a shop not long ago, it had a DNT sign tho.

and yeah, australia sucks for guitars
Best thing for you to do though is, to go into a shop and try a guitar within your budget. See how it feels, and how it plays that is your best bet.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95