I just picked up a DK2T and I am loving everything except the tuners on it. Terrible stock tuners just like all non-usa/custom Jacksons. All my other Jax have locking nuts so no problem, but on this hardtail its an issue. had to re-tune after about 25min of playing. yech!

So what I want is to put some locking tuners on it. I have never changed tuners b4 and would like to do minimal drilling/boring. What tuners would you geniuses recommend.

I have sperzals on my carvins, those suckers are perfect, anyone put these on a Jackson?
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
I just picked up a DK2T and I am loving everything except the tuners on it. Terrible stock tuners just like all non-usa/custom Jacksons. All my other Jax have locking nuts so no problem, but on this hardtail its an issue. had to re-tune after about 25min of playing. yech!

So what I want is to put some locking tuners on it. I have never changed tuners b4 and would like to do minimal drilling/boring. What tuners would you geniuses recommend.

I have sperzals on my carvins, those suckers are perfect, anyone put these on a Jackson?

Are you sure it's the Machineheads, or could it just be the natural "stretching in" of new strings?
i stretched them a bit, and they were on the guitar when i got it
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Changing them should be pretty straight forward. If the tuners are thin, they sometimes come with spacers so that the fit in larger holes.

Take one of the tuners out and measure the hole, order ones with the same diameter.
Quote by Skeet UK
Changing them should be pretty straight forward. If the tuners are thin, they sometimes come with spacers so that the fit in larger holes.

Take one of the tuners out and measure the hole, order ones with the same diameter.

thats a good idea. Ill do that. I was hoping some one has done this already and could advise me.
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
thats a good idea. Ill do that. I was hoping some one has done this already and could advise me.

I don't know that particular guitar, but the Jackson's I have seen have been 6 in a line jobies, so any 6 in line replacements should be ok, but it is worth checking the hole diameter just in case, because they do do miniature ones as well.

Did a google.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1094757
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 12, 2008,
lube your nuts lol
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny