Page 1 of 4
Please don't flame me, this is a request for a friend. No flaming against Slipknot or Christianity please.

Now, like title suggests, can you guys list me some bands that are similar to Slipknot stylistically but are Christian. Thanks.
sig goes here
Erm no.

That doesn't sound like a good combination. It's like eating your Weetabix with curry.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
not much. youd have hard time finding an alternative band too slipknot that arent christian. how many metal bands do you get that have 9 members or so?

okay you could probbo get away with 7 or 8. but even still.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by kidsilcon
Erm no.

That doesn't sound like a good combination. It's like eating your Weetabix with curry.

that would be an awesome idea
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

mortification? i think they're better than slipknot but it's heavy so he/she might like them. why can't your mate just listen to slipknot anyway? they aren't particularly anti-christian as far as metal goes.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Does it really matter what religion the music is, and besides isn't Corey Taylor (lead singer) a christian
Last edited by Gofer boy at Oct 12, 2008,
I don't think you will find many Christian Metal bands. Good luck with that though. If you're that into religion and listen to metal your probably in a minority not very catered for.
Why the hell does it matter what religion they are?

Anyway, ummm... Blessed By A Broken Heart are Christian metal band, they kinda suck though.
underOATH

Not Christian as such, but all the members are.

Underoath (sometimes stylized as underOATH[1][2] or UNDERØATH[3]) is a Grammy-nominated[4] Metalcore band from Tampa, Florida, formed in 1998.[5][6][7] The band's line-up consists entirely of Christian members. They are currently signed to Solid State Records and are the label's best selling band.[7]

^ Wiki

Oh and they are 'metalcore' but I cant tell the difference.
No, slipknot are a unique band.

there wouldbt be a christian alternative to them, because they are defined partly by their ethics and all that crap.

how many christians run about in scary masks andd boiler suits. and then make all thos weird movements and stances when they are playing.

you want some good christian metal listen to a band called august burns red.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by kidsilcon
Erm no.

you should have called it currybix .....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by kidsilcon
Erm no.

I wonder how many people are gonna try that now lol.
Joey in Slipknot is christian.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Christian Music is lame, I don't see why people have to listen to music about they're faith, you don't see any bands labelled as Jewish Metal or Sikh Metal. Just listen to normal metal, not all of it is Christ bashing.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Tomo009
I don't think you will find many Christian Metal bands. Good luck with that though. If you're that into religion and listen to metal your probably in a minority not very catered for.

eh? there're loads of christian metal bands. granted, they're all pretty dire, but still.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
why would you want an alternative? if he likes the music he should listen to it, even if its not christian.
music isn't religion, its music so listen to whatever you like. If christians (or any other religion) would only stick to what fellow-believers make/write/... it would be f*cked up place, and then it would rather be a cult then a religion.

listen to slipknot mate, and enjoy it
Quote by kidsilcon
Erm no.

Manchester United
I just started a Slipknot meets Christian Rock band. I have re-written Till We Die.

What do you think?

Til We find Jesus lyrics

Our friends
Are all hurting
From moments a
And regrets
And charity
Laced with a lie
Still we keep hoping
To fix all the defects
And strengthen
These seminal times
We go on together
For better or worse
Our history
Is to real to Jesus
Now and forever
We stay until morning
And promise to fight
For our fate

Til we find Jesus
Til we find Jesus

The start of a journey
Is every bit worth it
I can't let you
Down anymore
The sky
Is still clearing
We're never afraid
And the consequences
Opens the door
I never stopped trying
I never stopped
Feeling like family
Is much more than blood
Don't go on without me
The piece
That I represent
Compliments each
And everyone

Til we find Jesus
Til we find Jesus

We won't be forgotten
We'll never give in
This Jesus we've achieved
Has allowed us to win

Til we find Jesus
Til we find Jesus

My last true confession
Will open your eyes
I've never known
Trust like the nine
Let it be spoken
Let it be screamed
They'll never ever
Take us alive

Til we find Jesus
Til we find Jesus

We won't be forgotten
We'll never give in
Has allowed us to win

Carry on
Carry on

(We'll never be broken
We won't be denied Jesus)
(Our Jesus is the pressure
We need to unite)
(We'll never be broken
We wont be denied Jesus)
(Our Jesus is the pressure
We need to unite)

Til we find Jesus
Til we find Jesus

We won't be forgotten
We'll never give in.
Has allowed us to win

Carry on
Carry on

We'll never be broken
We won't be denied Jesus
Our Jesus is the pressure
We need to unite

Til we find Jesus
Til We find Jesus

We won't be forgotten
We'll never give in
Has allowed us to win

Til we find Jesus
Til we find Jesus

We'll never be broken
We won't be denied Jesus
Our Jesus is the pressure
We need to unite
Skillet is as close as Christian music can get to... well I don't know, I just hear people talking about how hardcore it is for a Christian band.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Whats the tense on 'till we find Jesus'. As in, till you.. the christian find jesus? Or the unsaved? Jesus is already found, holy spirit pls
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
eh? there're loads of christian metal bands. granted, they're all pretty dire, but still.

I should have added good in there. Really, religious music tends to be pretty watered down, if I was you I'd just listen to it. Not much of it is anti-Christian. Unless I wrote it, then there will be a reference in the somewhere... sorry
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Good to see The Pit is good at following instructions. I did specifically request for no flaming against Slipknot or Christianity. And when I meant stylistically, I literally meant bands that have a similar sound musically. They don't have to have 9 members or wear masks or whatever.

And to everyone that has contributed a band, thank you.
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
Good to see The Pit is good at following instructions. I did specifically request for no flaming against Slipknot or Christianity. And when I meant stylistically, I literally meant bands that have a similar sound musically. They don't have to have 9 members or wear masks or whatever.

And to everyone that has contributed a band, thank you.

I knew what you meant. I just like being off topic and promoting Prince. That's all. Besides, this should go in nu-metal anyway.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I lived with a freak Christian rock guy my first year of college. He listened to Yani and Christian Rock exculsivly. There was a band called "White Heart" that was like White Tiger without the talent.

The kid was a freak who would preach to me but couldn't explain anything in his own words. He left school after one semester.
A Christian Nu-Metal band?

AHAHAHAHADAFDHAFAHAHA

Well there is P.O.D I guess...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Flyleaf???
they aint as heavy and in no way half as good as Slipknot but theyre allright
as long as your mate dont mind female singers

or an alternative????
listen to Slipknot,its not like they go round being god haters or nothing
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I knew what you meant. I just like being off topic and promoting Prince. That's all. Besides, this should go in nu-metal anyway.

Ahh, I never actually checked your link. But from what I've heard Prince is awesome, so you're excused. And yeah it probably should go in the nu-metal forum but I figured I'd get more replies in The Pit.
sig goes here
Quote by kidsilcon

Sigged!
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Page 1 of 4