Hey Guys,

I've been recording for a while now. I have a computer which I solely use for recording and it's running Cool Edit Pro v1.5, works fine but it's not a good enough comptuer to run anything else so...

I got a new laptop a while ago..

Specs

Hewlett-Packard

Presario C700 Notebook PC

1014MB Ram

Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 GHz

Now, the reason I say all that is because I was running Adobe Audition 3.0 off it and it was skipping, everything else was going fine but ever few seconds it would kind of... freeze and then jump again. It made it impossible to record. Is it to do with the system requirements or simply the program?

Anything I can do to fix it? Will it run Audition 2.0 better?

Any help is appreciated
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I would've thought you'd be able to run Audition okay on those specs, are you running lots of other things at the same time that could be eating up your ram?
No, it was the only thing running and it just wouldn't keep up. Could it be a latency thing? Maybe i'm trying to run it too quickly? There's also a delay on the playback going into the recording, I was hoping that wouldn't happen but it may just be somethign that Audition does.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
you have a low rate processor for one...
laptops = the shittest possible option to record on..even my alienware sucks **** for that!!

i would buy a pc for say £400 and use that..it made my life easier..

i dont recommend laptops for much more than working and maybe the odd game..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
maybe down to the onboard sound, on laptops the CPU usually emulates a sound card/ chip. it may be that the CPU cannot handle the task. if i were you i'd check the CPU usage and RAM usage while using the software. also try and find out what soundcard your laptop has, if it's AC97 something or other it's definatley purely software, hence emulated on the CPU.

hope that helps
it probably has realtek hd, most do these days.
realtek bought out the ac patent and made it HD.
Thakns Guys. I'm currently installing the trial of Audition 2.0 (I was using the trial of 3.0 to see if I should get it) so I'll see if I can run that instead. Otherwise, in lue of buying a new laptop, what should I use to record with?

I've always used Audition/Cool Edit, and when I first started I used Audacity, so I know the basics, but any thoughts.

(My next buy will be a MacBook Pro, as i'm going to SAE institute next year, but for right now...)

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
you are downgrading with a macbook :P
erm...tbh i used audacity for a year..went to cubasis, went back to audacity.
its the best ive found so far tbh...for free!

I still recommend a PC for the recording as laptop processors lower than core 2 duo T7200 are shit..
Macbooks arent to bad to be fair, well aslong as you get the mac book pro, they're pretty good for recording, have logic or what ever it's called, i forget the name. but when i worked for them some of the senior guy's showed us some stuff with the recording and it really was awesome.

I would just use audicity if it run's fine, or you could try using this http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

or

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/KRISTAL/

im not sure how good they are, but i guess you could try em'

also if you have a look in the setting's menu for your app's and have a browse through the manual see if there are any things you can change, maybe lower the sound qaulity, limit number of tracks/ effects etc
Thanks heaps guys.

I just got the Audition 2 trial and it seems to be running fine so i'll probably just stick with that for now. I can't really do anything with it becasue it's 1.15am but i'll start messing around tomrorow. Thanks heaps guys

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross