Page 1 of 2
So I was on the train home with a few friends on the way back from a party, we were all fairly drunk and these random people come up to us and start talking to us, we were talking to one of the guys and he was saying that he was the main character from the film thunderpants, we were like "holy crap!" and he was talking about it, he's actually lost a lot of weight and gotten taller, if you don't know what it is this should sum it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderpants

Point of this thread, has anyone else had experiences like this?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab

Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Holy crap I remember seeing that movie AGES AGO, terrible film. Haha.
Never really randomly encountered a celebrity on the street...
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Went to my freinds house out of the blue one day. Go inside and he is having dinner with all of coldplay:p all sitting casually at the table.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
Went to my freinds house out of the blue one day. Go inside and he is having dinner with all of coldplay:p all sitting casually at the table.

Quote by Anthony1991
Ive met christopher Eccleston outside of starbucks, hes HUGE in real life

Was this around the back of starbucks???

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by Anthony1991
Ive met christopher Eccleston outside of starbucks, hes HUGE in real life

I waved to him across the road from my house

Ive met Paul Crone in Blockbuster too.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by soulflyV
ಠ_ಠ

You're kidding.

Naa, his dad produced them. first 2 albums anyway i think.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by SenorSmiley
one time I threw up on the T in Boston at about noon time on cinco de mayo.

DUDE! I did that at Government Center!
Quote by soulflyV

ಥ_ಥ

Tears of envy.

Well that's cool.

Same, hes freaking loaded.

Quote by CoreysMonster
The closest I've come is John Petrucci, who only touched my guitar. (And signed it, but that's beside the point.)

I'd like to think that by holding my guitar, some of his nutrients will seep into my bloodstream, thus passing on some of his powers to me.
I've sat next to Steven Hawkins in the cinema a few times and I've seen him out and about a couple of times. In fact I think most people who live in or around Cambridge have had a similar experience.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I ran into Russell Brand in the Tate Modern once. I was with a group of friends and we sorta did that " celebrity!" thing and then decided we didn't want to bother him.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well I've been drunk on a train. Does that count?

Seriously though, I met Noel Gallagher once.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Also Alex Zane sploshed some beer on me in leeds festival!

Quote by CoreysMonster
I met Jack White after a show. He was staying at the same hotel as me and some friends ,he signed our tickets. Nice guy.
No way man! I'm actually really good mates with bruce, where did you see him? small world isn't it.

Quote by metallica_death
So I was on the train home with a few friends on the way back from a party, we were all fairly drunk and these random people come up to us and start talking to us, we were talking to one of the guys and he was saying that he was the main character from the film thunderpants, we were like "holy crap!" and he was talking about it, he's actually lost a lot of weight and gotten taller, if you don't know what it is this should sum it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderpants

Point of this thread, has anyone else had experiences like this?
The guitarist from Anathema bought me a gin and tonic this past July.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I love that he bothered to tell you
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
on holiday with my mates we ran into Glynn from big brother something or other... long story short all my mates chased him down the street asking for a photo and i walked off.

ooo oo i jammed with Graham Oliver from saxon... well i didn't my drummer did
I ran into Chris Guglielmo, the drummer of Bayside (my favorite band), in Washington DC before his show there. He saw me wearing a Bayside shirt and asked me if I had tickets. I told him no because I had no money. He got my friend and I into the show and had a cigarette with us. Twas pretty cool.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Quote by Sol9989
i've never run into any famous people.

=(

.....how about walk next time then?

/awful joke

hmm famous people - matt hoffman

musician wise - dont think so really - want to though
Last thursday I had to go to the hospital and sit in the waiting room for like 5 hours (long, boring and sad story). The guy sitting next to me hosts 'The Price is Right' here in Portugal.

Kinda stupid, I know.

EDIT:

Oh, I just remembered: Last June I ran into Colin Farrel and Tim Robbins in Lisbon (in a Leonard Cohen concert). I thought I was just confusing them with some regular guys, but I saw the pics on the papers the following day. Have absolutely no ideia WTF was Colin Farrel doing in a Leonard Cohen concert in Lisbon...
Gear:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss ME-20
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Washburn South Side Jr.
Dunlop Jazz III XL picks

R.I.P. Rick Wright
Last edited by JRC7391 at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in
I ran into Russell Brand in the Tate Modern once. I was with a group of friends and we sorta did that " celebrity!" thing and then decided we didn't want to bother him.

you should have punched him square in the face.

on topic, when i was a little kid i went on stage with Frank Bruno at some xmas pantomime and sang 1 finger 1 toe.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by twistedmaggot
you should have punched him square in the face.

Yeah, I should've assaulted someone because you don't find them funny.

Grow the fuck up, just because someone's famous doesn't mean you can treat them however you like. If they've genuinely done things you disagree with then maybe I could understand, although even so physically attacking them is the most retarded way to deal with it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
I ran into Chris Guglielmo, the drummer of Bayside (my favorite band), in Washington DC before his show there. He saw me wearing a Bayside shirt and asked me if I had tickets. I told him no because I had no money. He got my friend and I into the show and had a cigarette with us. Twas pretty cool.

That is incredibly cool. I'd love it if that happened with my favourite band.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2