Soooo, for my college work I need two examples of art that contains text, my first example is Tristan Tzara's 'God and My Toothbrush are Dada...' shown here, but for my second piece of art I have found nothing that grips me, anybody have any ideas on what I could use?
Uhh, the Demotivational Poster thread?
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
^
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
An infuriating cliche, but have you tried Lichtenstein''s work? The obvious choice is "WHAAM":

Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
does Banksy have some words in his stuff? i have no idea about art, i'm just guessing here.
Quote by -February-Star-
An infuriating cliche, but have you tried Lichtenstein''s work? The obvious choice is "WHAAM":

yeah this is a good example, so good that like eeeeeeeeeeeveryone in my class is doing it.
sticking to your dada theme kurt schwitters

now extra flamey
Quote by Ikey
sticking to your dada theme kurt schwitters

A different movement would probably be better to draw comparisons between the two styles and purpose of the text. I love that Bruce Nauman idea though.
Ceci n'est pas une pipe. Really famous picture, by Magritte I think. "This is not a pipe" - rather its an image of a pipe.

...Bleep Bloop...
Ikey I haven't been able to pull up much on bitfall, but I love it, what are the words that he has used? well a better question would be what is the meaning behind it?
Quote by GHJ
Ceci n'est pas une pipe. Really famous picture, by Magritte I think. "This is not a pipe" - rather its an image of a pipe.

beat me to it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by MR.METALLICA
Ikey I haven't been able to pull up much on bitfall, but I love it, what are the words that he has used? well a better question would be what is the meaning behind it?

i think it gets headlines from news websites and takes words out of it, this way it is constantly updating and informing people about the world

http://www.bitfall.us/
now extra flamey
Quote by Ikey
i think it gets headlines from news websites and takes words out of it, this way it is constantly updating and informing people about the world

Then I do believe we have a winner thanking yourself
Quote by GHJ

What about this one?

Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by GHJ

exact thing I had in mind.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
there's a feminist picture that is the words "My Hero My Pimp My Man My..." in a big list, with the word's "My, What Big Muscles You Have!" over top of it, I can't find it now but I'm sure it's somewhere on the internet.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

EitS ftw.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20