A person is copying off one of my friends(hzac) work. I found it here yesterday or a few days before. He gave it to me today, and I told him oh yeah, I heard that on ug. And he was like, wtf? I didnt put it there.

The only thing he changed was muteing the strings

For some reason...i cant seem to get the uppload thing to work right now. Ill describe it.

It was christmasy/snowy sounding. The plagarismed copy had the strings muted.

Two of the sections were harmony start and harmony end.

If you know it, please tell me the thread, so I can tell my friend.
Its really pissing me off. I can't find it in my downloads for firefox. Cant find it in my documents or my songs folder. Don't remember the name/poster/or thread I know I saw it though.
I wouldn't say. I could tell by the rhythyms in gutiar at some points, the way he labeled the parts of the song, and the drums. It deffinattly sounds like something he made when I think about it.
Hi. Sucks that stuff like this happens. Here are my questions, though:

I found it here yesterday or a few days before
You mean the stealer's upload ? If you mean "here" as in the UG tabforum, or the general tab upload on UG, and it was "just a few days before", it would be easy for you to sort through the few backpages and find the song/thread again. Would be of great help.

And he was like, wtf? I didnt put it there.
If the original author (your friend) didn't put it up "here" (UG? or anywhere else ?), how could the stealer have gotten the song then in the first place ? If he did upload it somewhere, link to it (simply ask your friend, he should remember where he put it)

For some reason...i cant seem to get the uppload thing to work right now. Ill describe it.
If you mean that the UG forum attachements are giving you trouble, you could a) just upload it to an external filehoster iike zshare.net and simply link to the file or b) at least give the filename ?

I can't find it in my downloads for firefox. Cant find it in my documents or my songs folder.
unless you cleaned your machine in the last couple days, some downloads could still reside in the temp folder. A thourough search on your computer could maybe detail some findings. But anyways, as I said before, if you found the song just some days ago, it should be easy to find it again on the net.

Just clarifications so I understand your situation better. Good luck though!
Quote by Ailes
I can't find it in my downloads for firefox. Cant find it in my documents or my songs folder.
unless you cleaned your machine in the last couple days, some downloads could still reside in the temp folder. A thourough search on your computer could maybe detail some findings. But anyways, as I said before, if you found the song just some days ago, it should be easy to find it again on the net.

my thoughts exactly.

good luck with your findings!
Quote by I_love_Thrash
Your friend maybe copied it?

probably this, seeing as unless he uploaded it somewhere else, it would be impossible for anyone to get it
I found it here yesterday or a few days before
You mean the stealer's upload ? If you mean "here" as in the UG tabforum, or the general tab upload on UG, and it was "just a few days before", it would be easy for you to sort through the few backpages and find the song/thread again. Would be of great help.

Ill try looking in my history and see if theres a page that says the page is deleted. Im almost sure it was deleted, since I think I would of found it by now.

And he was like, wtf? I didnt put it there.
If the original author (your friend) didn't put it up "here" (UG? or anywhere else ?), how could the stealer have gotten the song then in the first place ? If he did upload it somewhere, link to it (simply ask your friend, he should remember where he put it)

He didn't put it on UG is what I ment.

If you mean that the UG forum attachements are giving you trouble, you could a) just upload it to an external filehoster iike zshare.net and simply link to the file or b) at least give the filename ?

Its because im under a proxy, because my internet is retarted(some sites dont work for no reason). It works sometimes though. Im gonna search my history now. lol

Just clarifications so I understand your situation better. Good luck though!