Gear:
Squire Hot Rails Stratocaster
Dean MXL (for Sale)
Marshall DFX 100 Amp
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
Vox Wah
Korg AX3G

Soloist Build!!
Maybe have artist's style based tasks? Like play xxxxx in the style of Billy Gibbons or something similar and the vote on the closest imitation.

Vary the genres, if you make genre specific tasks.

Maybe suggest a jam in a certain scale. Like Jam in B. Then let people unleash. That'd be good because it would test more than just carbon copy recall of certain scale and patterns and would make it a bit more challenging and diverse to see what people can come up with.

You could expand that and say jam over chord progression x, x, x, x......

Covers would be great too. But they are very genre specific and less open to improvisation. If you make a covers challenge, I suggest providing, say, a universal backing track. Like a guitar pro file with the lead track taken out.
Quote by Multiplayerjon
Heres an idea on like awards

Fastest
Most Immpossible
most creative
most effects used
Greatest guitarist of all time

and there you go.... just to start off with

Yeah, I like this idea.
Quote by ljohn
Maybe have artist's style based tasks? Like play xxxxx in the style of Billy Gibbons or something similar and the vote on the closest imitation.

Vary the genres, if you make genre specific tasks.

Maybe suggest a jam in a certain scale. Like Jam in B. Then let people unleash. That'd be good because it would test more than just carbon copy recall of certain scale and patterns and would make it a bit more challenging and diverse to see what people can come up with.

You could expand that and say jam over chord progression x, x, x, x......

Covers would be great too. But they are very genre specific and less open to improvisation. If you make a covers challenge, I suggest providing, say, a universal backing track. Like a guitar pro file with the lead track taken out.

I like these ideas a lot, particularly the artist based thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.