I have 2 questions and i don´t know the answer

The drinks can be put in glass in plastic in treta-pak or in a can( like coke)
I want to know wich will be the type wich will froze the drink in less time when it is in a fridge

Sorry for my english

Please answer!
the metal can, as it has a lower heat capacity. (I think)
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Oct 12, 2008,
can - conducts heat better
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
can i think.
the tetra-pak acts as an insulator. though that will be the one that'll keep the drink frozen for the longest.
Quote by Joeval
the metal can, as it has a higher heat capacity. (I think)

lower
i think we've given the dude his answers.

Now for some real physics, why is it that sub atomic particles work according to the theory of quantum mechanics while the matter they make up works according to the theory of relativity??
Quote by tiagomanuelluz
I have 2 questions and i don´t know the answer

The drinks can be put in glass in plastic in treta-pak or in a can( like coke)
I want to know wich will be the type wich will froze the drink in less time when it is in a fridge

Sorry for my english

Please answer!

Firstly where's the second question? (technically "i want to know.." isn't a question either but ill let u off)

I believe the can as well; though i dont believe there will be a very much difference, as the specific heat capacity of water is very high compare to aluminium (can) and whatever the tetri-pak is made of. You have to take into account thermal radiation as well, though I don't know which will emit most heat this way
Did you know that 37% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
Quote by Metal Demon 616
Firstly where's the second question? (technically "i want to know.." isn't a question either but ill let u off)

I believe the can as well; though i dont believe there will be a very much difference, as the specific heat capacity of water is very high compare to aluminium (can) and whatever the tetri-pak is made of. You have to take into account thermal radiation as well, though I don't know which will emit most heat this way

The can will lose heat just as fast as it gains it.
Tetra-pak is kinda paper-cardboard-aluminum foil-plastic material... Its basically very insulating. It'll take a long time to freeze and an equally long time to heat back up.
Quote by af_the_fragile

Now for some real physics, why is it that sub atomic particles work according to the theory of quantum mechanics while the matter they make up works according to the theory of relativity??

the person who answers this is the person who has found that elusive joining theory (forgotten what its called).
Quote by af_the_fragile
The can will lose heat just as fast as it gains it.
Tetra-pak is kinda paper-cardboard-aluminum foil-plastic material... Its basically very insulating. It'll take a long time to freeze and an equally long time to heat back up.

but it is in a fridge so heat gain isnt a factor
Quote by slogankid1
the person who answers this is the person who has found that elusive joining theory (forgotten what its called).

String Theory??

Thats going even below particle physics level.
Quote by -Rodion-
lower

Cheers Rodion, edited my original post. I was close...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by af_the_fragile
String Theory??

not string theory. That is something else

EDIT: Its the theory of everything or unification theory
Last edited by slogankid1 at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by slogankid1
not string theory. That is something else

EDIT: Its the theory of everything or unification theory

yeah, thats not really a theory though...
Its more like a dream.
Quote by af_the_fragile
yeah, thats not really a theory though...
Its more like a dream.

well there has to be one that no one has thought of otherwise one or both the other theories are wrong and ive just learnt a load of gravity equations for nothing :P
The String Theory tries to make sense of it all at the most elementary level though...

But then even that sounds more like something from some dude's imagination than anything else. With tiny loops of string interacting with one another to form everything. It sounds slightly absurd!
But as Einstein said, "if at first an idea is not absurd, then there's no hope for it".
aren't you supposed to not put glass in the freezer?

edit: and are we talking about the same amounts? because I assume that 1 litre in a tetrapack thing will take longer than three smaller cans
Quote by af_the_fragile
The String Theory tries to make sense of it all at the most elementary level though...

But then even that sounds more like something from some dude's imagination than anything else. With tiny loops of string interacting with one another to form everything. It sounds slightly absurd!
But as Einstein said, "if at first an idea is not absurd, then there's no hope for it".

Yeah. But every theory was from imagination. Look at quantum for example
Aluminium will cause the drinks to cool fastest, since it is the best conductor of heat. Hence, thermal energy inside the control volume (the can) will be transferred quickly to the surroundings.

In future, Maths/Science thread in the sticky, please.
Quote by slogankid1
Yeah. But every theory was from imagination. Look at quantum for example

Yeah, but every theory follows on with the ideas from the previous theory. String Theory was a completely new concept. And there's also absolutely no way of testing it or finding a physical proof cuz its based at levels wayyyy smaller and elementary than the the quarks which is supposed to the the building blocks of matter. Even the most powerful microscope (which is the LHC) wouldn't be able to detect those strings of forces interacting with one another...
Quote by af_the_fragile
Yeah, but every theory follows on with the ideas from the previous theory. String Theory was a completely new concept. And there's also absolutely no way of testing it or finding a physical proof cuz its based at levels wayyyy smaller and elementary than the the quarks which is supposed to the the building blocks of matter. Even the most powerful microscope (which is the LHC) wouldn't be able to detect those strings of forces interacting with one another...

Im not promoting the theory but just saying it may be true. There is no way of proving or disproving a undetectable tea cup in the sky either but dsnt mean its there
Quote by slogankid1
Im not promoting the theory but just saying it may be true. There is no way of proving or disproving a undetectable tea cup in the sky either but dsnt mean its there

RUSSEL'S TEAPOT
Quote by af_the_fragile
String Theory??

In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by af_the_fragile

Hmm, because we use two different frames of references to base each theory?