Page 1 of 2
hey I'm trying to buy a laptop that should be 1,500$ or less for everything from digital art to music to video games so I need a nice graphics card

i've looked at XPS and Alienware but I wanted to know if any companies make gaming laptops like those but cheaper or maybe if you guys know a website where you build your own laptop that would be cool. And I do not want a Mac.

Thanks.
oh dude that's epic.

only thing I would add to that laptop is a new processor 2.26GHz isn't very powerful
Quote by illuminatiano
oh dude that's epic.

only thing I would add to that laptop is a new processor 2.26GHz isn't very powerful

Its Dual core and it dosn't use alot of battery (if you want mobility)..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Quote by illuminatiano
oh dude that's epic.

Up until may I was using a 1.4GHz single core 32bit processor. The processor on that laptop is dual core 64bit 2.26GHz, which is good no matter how you look at it. my current rig is a gaming rig, and I'm doing fine on dual core 3GHz 64bit. I can always overclock though.
Check out ASUS PCs and the Gateway FX line.
Quote by illuminatiano
oh dude that's epic.

you're wrong.

a dual core processor with that much power and battery life is technology beyond your reach. getting a 3 ghz mobile processor isn't necessary unless you like a 3 minute battery life.
Sent from my iPad.
Seriously, Macbook Pro if you can put 2,000$ on it.

I'm a macbook pro user and I'm really pleased with what I have.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by paintITblack39

you're wrong.

a dual core processor with that much power and battery life is technology beyond your reach. getting a 3 ghz mobile processor isn't necessary unless you like a 3 minute battery life.

ok thanks for the input.

and please I don't want anything mac they piss me off.
Quote by paintITblack39

you're wrong.

Hehe, never played FSX, have you? Makes Crysis looks like Doom 2 if you run it high. Still you're right, but I guess with Gaming laptops, they're probably so chunky they're plugged in most of the time anyway.

Seriously, Macbook Pro if you can put 2,000$ on it.

I'm a macbook pro user and I'm really pleased with what I have.

Dude, he wants it specifically for gaming, Macbooks are a bad choice here.
IBM's are always reliable, study and good all rounders...
MIM Tele
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall ED-1 Compressor
Morley Power Wah
Boutique booster
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Electro Harmonix #1 echo
THE BEAST (head)
Line 6 Spider II head
D130F
Greenbacks
No MacBook fanboys can read apparently.

I have an XPS and I'm pleased with it, though remember, laptops will not run as fast as they do plugged in, I think. At least thats how it is in my case. Any tips for that would be appreciated but I'm pretty sure they just need more power.
fck.
Quote by illuminatiano
that doesn't matter much, I'll have it plugged in pretty much all the time

Hehe, see?
Yeah me too haha. Well, I love my XPS. Its a little on the large side because its 17" and its about 2 inches thick. Which sounds humongous but is not too bad, especially cause the edges are kinda "rolled" so it feels smaller.

Be prepared for Mac fans to try and tell you your laptop sucks cause its huge.

Just tell them its okay cause it can do everything's theirs can't and more. And its not your fault that they can't pick up 10 pounds with one arm.

Besides, this laptop is a BEAST, it does everything

fck.
Don't go with Alienware. They're a ripoff. Dell is the best for what you're trying to find.

Quote by mexiSt

Just tell them its okay cause it can do everything's theirs can't and more. And its not your fault that they can't pick up 10 pounds with one arm.

Besides, this laptop is a BEAST, it does everything

..what can they not do?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Run a lot of software that is designed for Windows..?

And bootcamp? Slow.

6 seconds to open up notepad, no thank you.

Besides, if Macs are so immaculate, why would you want bootcamp in the first place? It doesn't even make sense.
fck.
Quote by mexiSt
Run a lot of software that are designed for Windows..?

And bootcamp? Slow.

6 seconds to open up notepad, no thank you.

I dunno what's retarded with your copy of Windows, but mine isn't slow at all.

Quote by mexiSt

Besides, if Macs are so immaculate, why would you want bootcamp in the first place? It doesn't even make sense.

To play CS and HL. Duh.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
...What?

MY copy of Windows isn't slow. I'VE never owned anything by Mac. From what I'VE SEEN, Bootcamp is too slow to actually work efficiently.

I would never chose a Mac over a Windows machine. I don't want a computer with training wheels.

Don't get aggressive either. You like what you like. I like what I like. No need to get into a fight. The only problems I have with Macs are they are overhyped, overpriced, and their fans are assholes.

Thank you for proving my last point.
fck.
Quote by mexiSt
...What?

MY copy of Windows isn't slow. I'VE never owned anything by Mac. From what I'VE SEEN, Bootcamp is too slow to actually work efficiently.

I would never chose a Mac over a Windows machine. I don't want a computer with training wheels.

Don't get aggressive either. You like what you like. I like what I like. No need to get into a fight. The only problems I have with Macs are they are overhyped, overpriced, and their fans are assholes.

Hey man, want to know what Mac owners can't do?
Alienware prices are way to high for the price. I'd say XPS is pretty good, I own one and I'm very satisfied by it. Get a better batery for it tought, the default one lasts for an hour our two but mine lasts for 3 to 4 hours playing CS or WoW. But for some reason, the batteries don't last very long when i'm working on Linux.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
Mac users can't shut up? Maddox?

And listen, I think if you want to overpay for a pretty little OS, go for it. I also think its funny that Apple is raping their customers up the ass with their prices and the customers love it.

(And please don't say BUT THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS SOOO GOOD. Yeah, of course. If you pay $3,000 for a computer instead of $1,500, I HOPE the customer support is good.)
fck.
Quote by mexiSt
...What?

So basically, you're just jumping on the old wagon.

I'm not a mac fanboy by any means. I have 4 computers and 3 of them are PCs, including my custom built desktop. I'm not computer illiterate. I'm saying, as a laptop, the MBP is superior in its design and compactness. And unlike some people, I actually use things before I jump to conclusions.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
yeah mac prices are fckin ridiculous.

anyway I thought that buying the first link in the thread to a laptop and then getting a new processor like a 2.6 or something would make it so much better, but would be a bit more pricey than excpected.

and imo alienware and xps prices are bit too high.
Yeah, but you still can't stop yourself extolling the virtues of Macs when the TS said in his first post he isn't interested in Macs, so really, all you're doing is just proving the point.

^^Out of interest, why not a desktop? Much more bang for your buck, but if you need the portability, then the notebook is for you I guess.
Quote by Xiaoxi
So basically, you're just jumping on the old wagon.

I'm not a mac fanboy by any means. I have 4 computers and 3 of them are PCs, including my custom built desktop. I'm not computer illiterate. I'm saying, as a laptop, the MBP is superior in its design and compactness. And unlike some people, I actually use things before I jump to conclusions.

Oh yeah, you're right. My previous post said "I've only seen Mac videos on youtube and they suck, LOL!!!!!"

Please.

MACINTOSH COMPUTERS (catchy) are fine till they become a style choice. You're not a Mac fanboy yet you argue with a stranger online about them? Enjoy your white headphones, stop trying to come back at me.
fck.
Quote by mexiSt
Mac users can't shut up? Maddox?

And listen, I think if you want to overpay for a pretty little OS, go for it. I also think its funny that Apple is raping their customers up the ass with their prices and the customers love it.

The OS itself is $90...

But for the price, you're not only paying for the high end of each component (note, that's not component speed/space itself), but you're paying for technical design. Any computer meeting these requirements are as expensive if not more expensive. Plus, it retains a good amount of value even after a few years.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by Xiaoxi
The OS itself is $90...

But for the price, you're not only paying for the high end of each component (note, that's not component speed/space itself), but you're paying for design. Plus, it retains a good amount of value even after a few years.

Dude, whatever. Maybe you're right, but I'm sure there are any number of places where TS could have got info on Macs vs. Windows. That isn't what he's asking though, so going on about it isn't helping and is pointless.
Quote by LordBishek
Dude, whatever. Maybe you're right, but I'm sure there are any number of places where TS could have got info on Macs vs. Windows. That isn't what he's asking though, so going on about it isn't helping and is pointless.

I already told him a Dell is probably his best bet.

But it's just retarded for the same people to think they're being unique by going against Macs when they're just doing it out of ignorance and mass speculation.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by LordBishek

The best post in this thread about the Apple and Windows battle. Except the fact that he might be right

But anyway, the XPS was expensive, I do admit that. I think most gaming laptops are much more expensive though cause think about how much you have to fit in a little space and keep it from overheating.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I already told him a Dell is probably his best bet.

But it's just retarded for the same people to think they're being unique by going against Macs when they're just doing it out of ignorance and mass speculation.

XPS = Dell's gaming laptop line.

Stop assuming. Better yet, log out
fck.
Quote by mexiSt

Stop assuming. Better yet, log out

How am I assuming? You flat out said you're basing your thoughts without having used anything. I'm just going by what you said.

And again, it's not a case of fanboyism. It's a case of you being uninformed. If you said something like "buy an HP because building your own is too hard," I'd call you an idiot just the same.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by Xiaoxi
How am I assuming? You flat out said you're basing your thoughts without having used anything. I'm just going by what you said.

He said he didn't own it, not that he didn't use it.
no my sister has mac and I do not like it at all.

it's just bleh, frustrating.

and I really need the portability.

I'll look more into Dell, if it's as great as you say it is.
Quote by LordBishek
He said he didn't own it, not that he didn't use it.

"From what I've seen"

Quote by illuminatiano
no my sister has mac and I do not like it at all.

it's just bleh, frustrating.

and I really need the portability.

I'll look more into Dell, if it's as great as you say it is.

I'm not even recommending you a Mac. I'm talking to the other person.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Seriously, this is gonna be my last post.

"From what I've seen" is a figure of speech, I suppose. I don't suppose. I know it. "I suppose" is a figure of speech too. Are you still in middle school? Please don't answer that, I don't care.

I have used Macs, rather extensively. I never said I didn't. I don't have to own something to use it, you know. I keep asking you to stop posting things aimed at me. This is not my thread. I gave my 2, 3, and 4 cents now thanks to you, all about the wrong subject.

Anyway.

What kind of games do you play TS? Does this laptop need to play "top of the line" games (Crysis and such) or would it be okay if it played less requiring games on a not so high graphics level?
fck.
I don't need to play Crysis at highest level of detail and stuff like that but I need it to play stuff like world in conflict on medium-high, etc..
Page 1 of 2