Page 1 of 2
So I made a thread a while ago about my music coursework, which is to take an existing song and arrange it for a different style and different instruments, and thanks to Eric 666, I started doing Master's Apprentices by Opeth, but I'll be damned if I'm going to have a 10 minute long smooth jazz arrangement.

So I started doing Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley just for lols, but I'm quite pleased with how it's coming along. Should I do this, Pit? It's not like I'm going to be the only one having a bit of a laugh, my friend is doing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, as suggested by our music teacher.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it's not like I'm being some immature idiot. I actually quite like the song, and considering what songs some people are doing in my class, I was wondering if I could pull it off judged by the progress I've made so far.
Attachments:
NGGYU.zip
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Oct 12, 2008,
Go for it!

EDIT: Sounds good too!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
If we're talking jazz, you should haven a saxophone instead of a violin.
soudns good though, i do want to hear a finished product
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Quote by Tezza_Larks
soudns good though, i do want to hear a finished product

Why?

Jazz violin > Jazz saxophone.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Definitely do it, its bloody good. Is this for A Level?
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Quote by dwnbowden
Definitely do it, its bloody good. Is this for A Level?

Yeah.

I did literally no work in GCSE music, I had to do a fokl-inspired popular song and wrote a folk metal song that completely ripped off Inis Mona by Eluveitie.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
It sounds good to me!
although I do agree with this:
Quote by Tezza_Larks
Blogging is Narrating your life to a world that doesn't care.
DO IT!

Sounds pretty good so far

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It won't be funny and you'll look as stupid as you clearly are, so go for it.
Quote by smb

Quote by duncang

at his command
As a real Rick Astley fan, I must say it sounds really good.

Go for it, buddy!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
ITT: Jackasses who have sand in their vagina about being rick rolled.

Excellent arrangement. Musically is sound. I'm pissing myself at the number of jokers in this thread who are considering this bad just because the don't like rick rolling. This is clearly about the music, so I suggest you do it. After all, unless the exam board are /b/tards, they won't know its a joke, so how can they take you less seriously
Oh boy, another internet joke that no one will understand when you attempt to change it over to real life. What are more ways I can embarrass myself? Seriously, I am making a list and enjoy looking stupid, making everything awkward in a room.
Quote by LordBishek
ITT: Jackasses who have sand in their vagina about being rick rolled.

Excellent arrangement. Musically is sound. I'm pissing myself at the number of jokers in this thread who are considering this bad just because the don't like rick rolling. This is clearly about the music, so I suggest you do it. After all, unless the exam board are /b/tards, they won't know its a joke, so how can they take you less seriously

Thank you, Ab.

And it's not like they can mark me down on my choice of song,
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
Thank you, Ab.

And it's not like they can mark me down on my choice of song,

Abs

No. Precisely my point, how can they be rickrolled if they don't know what a rick roll is?
Fundamental mistake your nay sayers are making.

Example:

No, Rickrolling isn't funny.

Oh boy, another internet joke that no one will understand when you attempt to change it over to real life. What are more ways I can embarrass myself? Seriously, I am making a list and enjoy looking stupid, making everything awkward in a room.

Hes right, its not funny.

And it sounds bloody good anyway.
Last edited by LordBishek at Oct 12, 2008,
Many people know what a rick roll is, kids at my high school last year would put it as the song on the news show.

Why don't you go ahead and buy a Guy Fawkes mask and protest Scientology already?
This is a great idea!

Go for it!
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
I didn't really like the violin doing the vocal melody.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
I didn't really like the violin doing the vocal melody.

I've changed it for a saxaphone and it sounds quite a bit smoother.

Quote by shaquille
Many people know what a rick roll is, kids at my high school last year would put it as the song on the news show.

Why don't you go ahead and buy a Guy Fawkes mask and protest Scientology already?

Why don't you edit your post?

EDIT: Updated.
Attachments:
NGGYU.zip
Quote by duncang

at his command
Last edited by CTFOD at Oct 12, 2008,
Quote by shaquille

His examiners are very unlikely to be under 35. How many people>35 yrs do you know in real life that know what a rick roll is? If anything, they'll probably associate it most with their own experiences of the original. If they know a bit more about the phenomenon, most news sources who have covered it are classifying it as a revival. In addition, even if the examiner knows what a rick roll is, he/she is unlikely to have been affected personally by it, i.e. been rick rolled himself. Therefore, the risk of the choice of song being detrimental is fairly low. Worst case scenario, in the highly unlikely event the examiner actually recognises it as a joke AND finds it unfunny, he still has to have an impersonal reason to mark Nick down (that is your name, right?). He can't mark it down just because he/she personally finds it unfunny. And you've clearly put in a lot of work, and is a good arrangement, so you've already given far more than they've asked for. The choice of the song is therefore entirely up to you, their only requirement (which has been fulfilled) is that you do it well.

EDIT: Apologies, Shaquille seems to be over 35. Still, he's clearly actively hanging round a message board where the most active demographic is around 15-25, so he's the expected statistic.
Last edited by LordBishek at Oct 12, 2008,
Keeps getting better, CTFOD, Can't wait to hear it when it's finished.
Quote by LordBishek
His examiners are very unlikely to be under 35. How many people>35 yrs do you know in real life that know what a rick roll is? If anything, they'll probably associate it most with their own experiences of the original. If they know a bit more about the phenomenon, most news sources who have covered it are classifying it as a revival. In addition, even if the examiner knows what a rick roll is, he/she is unlikely to have been affected personally by it, i.e. been rick rolled himself. Therefore, the risk of the choice of song being detrimental is fairly low. Worst case scenario, in the highly unlikely event the examiner actually recognises it as a joke AND finds it unfunny, he still has to have an impersonal reason to mark Nick down (that is your name, right?). He can't mark it down just because he/she personally finds it unfunny. And you've clearly put in a lot of work, and is a good arrangement, so you've already given far more than they've asked for. The choice of the song is therefore entirely up to you, their only requirement (which has been fulfilled) is that you do it well.

EDIT: Apologies, Shaquille seems to be over 35. Still, he's clearly actively hanging round a message board where the most active demographic is around 15-25, so he's the expected statistic.

Abs, you know I love you, right?

And yes, Nick is my name.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
Abs, you know I love you, right?

And yes, Nick is my name.

I told you not to talk with your mouth full, bitch. Get back to sucking.

Update sounds great btw
A coup, a masterpiece!
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by smb

Wow, you're a grumpy bastard. Lighten up!
Wow, guys, i never said the song itself was bad (its actually pretty dam good) Im just saying i think its a bit old using the term 'Rickrolling' whenever that song is mentioned.

Im talking about TS version btw.
Thats just f**king awesome!

MOAR jazz though

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Page 1 of 2